Position – Associate, Manufacturing
Company – SABIC – Saudi Basic Industries Corp.
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
We are currently seeking a reliable, hard-working manufacturing junior team member Technician for our quality and production operation. In this role, you will be a valuable part of our manufacturing team, for production activities in shift & deliver production as per plan with highest level of safety and quality. Needs to co-ordinate with senior team member, quality, and maintenance to resolve operational issue. Support shift supervisor & EHSS to sustain site EHSS performance. Follow SOP. LOTO, JSA, specific Do’s & Don’ts etc. Needs to support production team in various engagement activities for continual improvements.
- Handling production & or utility equipment (eg. Operation, Maintenance), Operate machinery correctly, and maintain it with care.
- Coordinate to resolve any operational /Maintenance issue of machinery with help of senior team member/shift supervisor.
- Should have good Extrusion, calendaring knowledge and mathematical skills to calculate material requirements, productions, byproducts, and consumptions and record them in shift log.
- Should be able to handle material movement equipment
- Should able to resolve small operating/maintenance issues as part of troubleshooting.
- Positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a team to complete QAQC/WIP/Packing/utility/feeding tasks.by following standard operating procedures, & or guidelines, and instructions, without deviations.
- Needs to follow process –EHSS norms and guidelines, standards, repot any deviations or concern, near miss etc.
- Maintain his area clean-must follow area & or equipment housekeeping and 5S.
- Should have good learning and interpersonal skills
- Should have good communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in Plastics Processing, Plastic Engineering, Diploma in Mechanical Engg, Diploma in Electrical Engg,.
- 1-2 years experience in Plastic extrusion- calendaring process / Film extrusion /Plastics Compounding / Extrusion in thermoplastics.
- Good understanding of Quality Control and Basic Quality Assurance
- Sheet- Film calendaring / Extrusion process & troubleshooting.
- Good understanding on Material requirements calculations,
- Basic Extrusion skills
- Good interpersonal skills – working in coordination with other sub-functions of Manufacturing – Influence
- Strong inclination towards EHSS procedure compliance.
SABIC is a global diversified chemicals company, headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. SABIC manufactures on a global scale in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific, making distinctly different kinds of products: chemicals, commodity and high-performance plastics, agri-nutrients, and metals.
SABIC supports its customers by identifying and developing opportunities in key end-use applications such as construction, medical devices, packaging, agri-nutrients, electrical and electronics, transportation, and clean energy. Production in 2019 was 72.6 million metric tons.
SABIC has more than 33,000 employees worldwide and operates in around 50 countries. Fostering innovation and a spirit of ingenuity, SABIC has 12,540 global patent filings and has significant research resources with innovation hubs in five key geographies – USA, Europe, Middle East, South Asia, and North Asia.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE) STATEMENT
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.