Position – Design Engineer – Rotary Compressor Packaging
Company – Ingersoll Rand
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Job Location: Bangalore
Mechanical Design of static components & assemblies used in the Packaging of Industrial Compressors using calculations, standards in order to create 3D CAD and Drawings for manufacture.
- Creation and PLM release of 3D Assemblies, 2D drawings as per Ingersoll Rand / Industry standards for Compressor assemblies, systems, and components.
- Execute high quality Design, Engineering support to Lifecycle Engg., NPD and VAVE projects
- Apply mechanical design calculations to verify existing designs or selecting new ones
- Liaise with domestic and global stakeholders in order to understand system requirements and translate it to specific design changes for the product.
- Develop presentation/ documentation material in support of Design reviews attended by Project leaders of the Ingersoll Rand Organization
- Communicate effectively while Working remotely with global engineering teams to deliver component, assembly or System Level design tasks, commitments & review with Project teams
- Apply tools such as DFMEA; Root Cause Analysis; DFMA based on project need
- Drive lifecycle engineering changes through ECR & ECN processes accurately
- Support After-Market engineering activities occasionally
- Design experience with Compressor / Blower / Vacuum Pump /similar equipment Packaging (very Desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in CREO and Autodesk Inventor (preferably both)
- Knowledge of ERP processes with SAP or Oracle will be an advantage
- Exposure to DFMA (Design for Manufacturing & Assembly) principles
- Working knowledge of GD & T ,ASME Y14.5 requirements in Drawings
- Familiarity with PDM / PLM processes in Windchill or Vault or both
- Fundamental understanding of mechanics of materials, structures and its application to product design and function
- Ability to work with multi locational, Cross–functional teams
- Knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic Piping, pressure vessels & fittings and standards is desirable.
Qualification and experience:
- BE or B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (Full time course)
- M.Tech in Machine Design / Design Engg. (not mandatory)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant experience after graduation
- Experience in NPD, LCE or VAVE of Packaged Industrial Machinery or Heavy engg. industry
- Experienced in Mechanical design of parts or subsystems as per International Standards, Data handbooks
- Command of verbal and written English. German language skills are an advantage.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Conversant with Microsoft Office tools – Word; Excel; PPT
- Flexible to travel within India / overseas for short durations, based on business need
What do we offer?
- 5 day working week
- Equity Grant to New Hires
- Leave Encashment
- Many More Benefits…
We encourage you to stay connected with our company’s future job opportunities. Please visit our career section to explore more IR open roles at Ingersoll Rand Careers (irco.com)
Contact for Queries
- Karthic Chandran( Talent Acquisition Specialist) [email protected]
- Zepheny Ferrow(Talent Acquisition Manager-MEIA) [email protected]
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity and efficiency. For more information, visit www.IRCO.com.