Position – Principal Engineer-Design and Development -Oil Pump
Company – Rolls-Royce
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Principal Engineer – Design and Development- Oil Pumps
Rolls-Royce pioneers the power that matter. When we talk about innovation within this business, it’s essential we demonstrate how we do this. We don’t just imagine great possibilities – we push boundaries at every stage and bring our innovative ideas to life through impressive engineering. This is how we create brilliance, which we should sell by letting the facts speak for themselves.
Our Power Systems business is a world-leader in large reciprocating engines, propulsion, and distributed energy systems. We’re headquartered in Friedrichshafen in Southern Germany and employ around 11,000 people. Our product portfolio includes; MTU brand high-speed engines and propulsion systems; MTU Onsite Energy;
- Develop technically challenging solutions based on standard designs that provide an attractive solution for both the customer and Rolls-Royce.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to provide cost effective solutions
- Consider requirements from customer, design, test, production, and regulatory requirements.
- Deal with manufacturers taking in to account the Rolls-Royce Power Systems policies.
- Ability to interact with cross fictional teams
- Provide technical documentation as required for manufacturing, assembly, test and trouble shooting in all the Power System aspects of Rolls-Royce Power Systems products.
- Provide technical training and support to the team
Qualification & Skills
- Master’s/ bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from a reputed college / University
- With 8-10 years of working experience on oil pumps design and development.
- Expertise in PTC Creo (modelling/assembly and detailing) and Windchill
- Strong experience in Detailing of oil pump components.
- Understanding of GD&T standards as per ISO GPS system, Knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP R3.
- Experience in Casting, and Sheet metal design.
- Experience and knowledge in concept design of oil pumps and its components.
- Experience in understanding, preparation of specifications for Oil pump.
- Experience in Design and development of Oil pumps for engine applications like Genset,Rail,Marine etc.
- Knowledge in interpreting CFD and FEA results.
- Having experience in developing oil pumps with supplier, Ability to drive the complete project to implement till series production within timeline. Ability to push cross functions to get results.
- Having Experience in resolving critical issues like cavitation, bearing clearances, tolerance stack up.
- Experience on preparation of DVPs.
- Experience of oil pump qualification process and Knowledge in testing of oil pumps.
- Experience in resolving field issues with first time and right approach.
- Ability to deal with local manufacturers in a professional way.
- Able to work effectively within global team environments, Able to deliver results individually.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal in English) and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Understanding of German language is an added advantage.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits.
Pioneer optimum performance. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here
At Rolls-Royce we also support requests for flexible working arrangements wherever possible.