Position – Design Engineer – Compressor / Turbine / Power Transmission, Structures and Externals Design
Company – Rolls-Royce
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Rolls-Royce pioneers the power that matter. When we talk about innovation within this business, it’s essential we demonstrate how we do this. We don’t just imagine great possibilities – we push boundaries at every stage and bring our innovative ideas to life through impressive engineering. This is how we create brilliance, which we should sell by letting the facts speak for themselves.
We’re the second largest global provider of defense aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
The Design Engineer is responsible for sub-system integration of the technical activities for their design solutions and enabling lifecycle profitability through the Supply Chain Design.
As a Design Engineer, you will create innovative world-class designs that operate at the extremes of technology and deliver solutions that satisfy customer requirements by balancing product attributes, working with multi-disciplinary teams and using design tools such as PLM (Product Lifecycle Management), CAD and DFMEA (Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis).
Design Engineers are responsible for the definition of new and existing products across the Defence product base, including aerospace and marine. Your solutions need to be cost-effective, align to project milestones and take into account the full product lifecycle (e.g. manufacture, assembly, operation, repair, test and disposal).
- Collaborating across Engineering Disciplines, including Verification, Manufacturing and Services.
- Ensuring design solutions are tolerant of the environment in which they operate. Use systems engineering, robust design, optimization, integration and innovation tools and processes to achieve the solutions.
- Definition of the mechanical and functional system, sub-systems and components to meet customers’ requirements, response to arising issues identified during validation and support to in-service operation of the existing system and sub-systems.
- Produce detailed Design Definition reports, which accurately describe your requirements, your design concepts, how the final concept was selected, requirements, risks and how the design will be verified and validated.
- Provide resolution to part non-conformance resulting for manufacturing, handling, in-service damage etc. by performing necessary assessment to ensure that the part meets its intended form, fit, function and life.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Qualified to professional engineering degree level or equivalent in Mechanical, Aeronautical engineering. Other qualifications, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered.
- Good understanding of Gas Turbine Engines design process within the aerospace industry.
- Experience of multi-skilling both across core design, stress and product definition would be advantageous.
- Experience of Robust Design, Design for Manufacture (DfM), Systems Engineering philosophies and practical application would also be advantageous, as would experience of concurrent engineering in a challenging delivery-focused industry.
- Candidates should be highly numerate with strong technical and analytical skills, problem-solving ability, and capable of systems-level thinking, including personal drive, excellent communication and presentation skills, and will need to contribute effectively in a team environment.
- Familiar with digital design tools for 3D design, analysis and automation of design processes.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
Our People are our Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy here
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.