Position – Proposals Engineer
Company – Emerson
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Title – Proposals Engineer
Engage with Emerson Sales team, Generate professional proposals by solving customer’s problems and promoting benefits of a partnership with Emerson.
Experience – 2 to 3 Years
- Understand the Technicalities of different products in Actuation Technologies portfolio.
- Learn the different components that will come under Actuation Technologies’ scope of supply in a project proposal.
- Understand the customer requirements & prepare Smart Error free Actuation Technologies Product Proposal – New / Alternate / Revisions / Clarifications etc. in line with Customer Specifications – to work hand in hand with Sales to win the project.
- Get suitable quotes from sub-vendors.
- Check with Engineering / Factory for suitable solution to meet customer requirements.
- Close the technical clarifications as received for the project and be part of technical clarification meeting if required. Prepare final deliverables in accordance with Inhouse standards.
- Following the Trade Compliance and Ethics of Emerson.
- Do the clean hand over to project management in case of order with filing in all technical details.
SALES / TECHNICAL
- Prepare, submit and follow-up quotations to customers in a timely and professional manner for the purpose of obtaining a sale of Actuation Technologies products or service.
- Apply the latest pricing and discount levels for quoted product and/or service for the application.
- Obtain and quote appropriate delivery schedule.
- Size Actuators and configure control systems for different customer applications.
- Source buy-out components if necessary.
- Respond to requests for company information, brochures, drawings and Literature.
Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Mechanical, Metallurgy, Instrumentation, or Chemical Engg.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and able to relate well with all levels of staff.
- Time Management
- Good understanding on the required Standards to be followed.
- “SALES “Attitude
- Knowledge of statistical tools and computer software (Microsoft office)
Should relate well with outside sales, peers.
Should have the right attitude of accepting any other responsibilities, as assigned by the management.