Position – Project Engineer
Company – Rockwell Automation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Title (Internal)
Project Engineer- Mechanical Design
Job Title (External)
ETO Order Engg. Level 2
Business Group and Unit
600 – CPS – SYSTEM & SOLUTIONS BUSINESS (GEC)
Reports to (Direct/Indirect)
Indirect: Project Engineer
- Deliver & execute the assigned project / work package on time with good quality, cost effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure technical deliverables matches project / work package requirements. Save engineering cost for GREC team through application & technical expertise.
- Design, define and implement complex system requirements for customers and/or prepare study and analyze existing systems. Determine system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of total system.
- Identify, analyze and resolve program support deficiencies. Develop and recommend corrective actions.
- Complete Project task based on work assignment.
- Deliver & execute the assigned projects on time with good quality/ cost effectiveness and customer satisfaction
- Keep improving self-engineering capabilities and exchange best practice with other team members to improve team’s capabilities.
- Support Team Leader / Lead Engineer on technical issues.
- Work closely with Team Leader / Lead Engineer to guarantee customer acceptance.
- Ensure project implementation follows the engineering delivery standard.
- Maximize reusable standard product and engineering in project delivery.
- Technical implementation in whole life-cycle of project / work package delivery.
- Work with Team Leader to manage technical risk in project / work package execution.
- Work with Team Leader to clarify technical issues.
- Cost reduction through process & manufacturing improvement, and through development of reusable engineering or engineering standard.
- Work closely with Team Leader to achieve customer acceptance. Demonstrate application & technical expertise to achieve repeat order and retain customer satisfaction.
- Ensure 100% meet technical items defined in project / work package.
- Ensure project implementation follows the procedure of RA engineering standards.
- Maximize reusable standard product and engineering in project / work package delivery.
- Support Team Leader in managing team performance, develop self and team capability and motivate the team.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Contributes Professional & Technical Expertise
- Consistently demonstrates proficiency in the areas of technical and/or professional expertise relevant to role.
- Actively pursues continuous learning; develops skills and knowledge in job-related technical or professional expertise, including increasing breadth and depth of expertise and keeping up-to-date with advances.
- Invites feedback and coaching, and actively engages in responding to it.
- Collaborates & Teams Effectively
- Is honest and fair in dealings with others; words and actions are consistent with Rockwell Automation values and standards of ethical conduct.
- Balances individual goals and team goals.
- Reaches out across organizational lines to establish and maintain effective work relationships to achieve individual and team goals.
- Addresses conflict and other barriers to collaboration directly and constructively, adapting to cultural norms and expectations when appropriate.
- Communicates Effectively
- Shares viewpoints openly and directly with others, providing relevant and timely information to those who need it.
- Shares information clearly one-on-one and with small groups, making good decisions as to who, when and how to communicate.
- Involves the right people to obtain needed information and perspectives.
- Listens carefully and attentively to others’ to ensure that their viewpoints are fully heard and grasped.
- Adds Value for Customers & Partners
- Understands the needs and requirements of customers and partners associated with their business/function; productively shares that understanding with others.
- Clearly quantifies and articulates customer value derived from Rockwell Automation solutions.
- Addresses customer and partner needs in ways that differentiate Rockwell Automation products and services.
- Prioritizes own work activities to focus first on those that add value (directly or indirectly) to customers or partners.
- Attains Results
- Excels at execution; monitors progress and, as needed, redirects efforts, resources and rewards to ensure goals are achieved
- Holds self and others accountable for keeping commitments, maintaining standards and achieving goals.
- Accepts new challenges and responsibilities to achieve goals and model Rockwell Automation values.
- Creates Focus and Motivates Others
- Supports individuals and teams to stretch beyond what they thought they could do.
- Able to get results from people within Rockwell Automation not under their direct control.
Job Related Competencies
- High level of expertise in Integrated Architecture, Standard Drives, Intelligent Motor Control, Safety Product, Component Industry Control, Networks, SSB Solutions, and a good understanding of Motion Control, Medium Voltage Product and Drive System.
- High level of expertise in Industry Knowledge, Application Knowledge, Training Skills, and basic understanding of Project Management, Lean Six Sigma Skill, EHS (Environment, Health & Safety).
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent education/professional Development.
- Three to five years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Experience with ACAD, Creo 2.0/4.0 or Pro-E.
- Experience with typical design requirements related to tolerance and PPAP review.
- SAP experience.
- Knowledge in GD&T
- Interpretation of RFQ’s, technical documentation & product requirements
- Development and creation of parts drawings, utilizing 2D & 3D design tools for example AutoCAD, Pro-E, Creo & SolidWorks.
- Knowledge on Electrical components will be added advantage.