Position – Design Engineer I
Company – Regal Rexnord
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Position Summary: This position is responsible for assisting senior designers for material handling solutions by providing CAD/design supports in the areas of concepts or layouts generation for order/offers/ECNs or projects of an efficient system of Automation-Solutions (ASBU)
- Assist senior designers for inquiries, orders and projects in material handling systems, working with global teams.
- Develop/modify layouts by taking inputs such as customer information, company concepts of conveyor and machines and ASBU (Automation-Solutions) Engineering parameters.
- Create concepts, layouts, assemblies and part drawings in AutoCAD or Autodesk Inventor depending upon request.
- Coordinate and create the library of customer drawings, and machine templates.
- Work on ECRs/ECNs, create complete and accurate drawing packages within assigned time.
- Prepare layouts, part drawings in AutoCAD, if needed 3D models in Inventor.
- Perform self-quality checks on the drawings/designs generated as per standard guidelines set up by ASBU.
- Aid inside and outside customers as per set process.
- Monitor performance regarding quality, cost effectiveness and timeliness.
- Track and monitor revisions on drawings.
- Provide project updates Senior Designer regularly, document all aspects of every project as required.
- Support in creating design documents, installation instructions, customer data sheets etc.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers, co-workers, and company personnel.
- Assume additional roles and responsibilities as required, capable of handling multiple projects.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from a reputed college.
- Experience: Up to 5 years of experience in designing conveyor or material handling equipment.
- Ability to review and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Proficient in CAD work (SolidWorks/Creo/Solid Edge. AutoCAD & Inventor is preferred).
- Knowledge of GD&T, drafting standards and international material standards is a must.
- Prior project management experience is a plus.
- Customer-focused with a good technical background and commercial aptitude and interest.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision and with sense of urgency.
- Competent in Microsoft computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Travel: less than 10%
About Regal Rexnord
Regal Rexnord Corporation (“Regal Rexnord”) is a leading manufacturer of electric motors, electrical motion controls, power generation and mechanical power transmission products and sub-systems, serving customers around the world in the general industrial, consumer, commercial construction, food & beverage, and alternative energy end markets, among others. Regal Rexnord sells its products and solutions to OEMs, through distributors, and directly to end-users. Regal Rexnord is a $7.2B company with 36,000 associates globally.
You may not know it, but Regal Rexnord impacts your life every day. The company’s products enable the fans in HVAC systems that keep us comfortable; the power source that keeps smart buildings running; the agricultural and food service equipment that keeps us fed; and the conveyer systems that keep e-commerce flowing, to name a few of the applications where our products are used.
Regal Rexnord’s business purpose is to create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion. This means creating innovative solutions while focusing on both customer needs and the company’s commitment to sustainability. The company’s industrial powertrain and automation solutions offerings are an important part of the company’s growth strategy. The company’s strategy includes leveraging 80/20 to prioritize all activities, including product excellence, operational excellence and commercial excellence (i) driving organic sales growth through the introduction of innovative new products, with a particular focus on improving energy efficiency, (ii) establishing and maintaining new customers, as well as developing new opportunities with existing customers, (iii) participating in higher growth end markets and geographies, and (iv) identifying and consummating strategic, value creating acquisitions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Regal Rexnord is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal Rexnord is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to building a team that represents diverse and inclusive backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.