Position – Design Engineer I
Company – Regal Rexnord
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
- Contribute in various NPD projects by developing reliable and cost-effective solutions related to Industrial Component products in accordance with sound engineering principles, design tools, department standards, procedures, and practices considering manufacturability, and ease of use in field for installation and maintenance.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to fully execute project deliverables.
- Support various Enabling Technology projects.
- Work on competitor analysis, benchmarking and keeping up to date on industry trends, advancements in bearings and sensors technology.
- Understand manufacturing process, process capabilities and establish tolerances using knowledge of components and assemblies used and intended function.
- Work with CAD engineer to prepare part, drawings and assembly 3D models in Solid Edge/Solid Works. Perform quality checks on the drawings/designs generated.
- Create test plan for lab testing and simulation plan using tools like Finite Element Analysis to validate the concepts and final designs.
- Coordinate with vendors to build prototypes and test fixtures.
- Generate intellectual property for Industrial Components product line.
- Assist in the development of new/modified/improved technologies aimed at bearings and chain products.
- Follow Regal Rexnord Ethics and Safety Programs.
- Perform other assignments per business need.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
Education: Master’s Degree in Mechanical engineering from a reputed college.
- Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience in any mechanical industry
- Candidates with good academics and learning ability will be preferred. Minimum 70% marks in 10th and 12th or equivalent examination
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to get along well with others
- Can effectively function in a team environment
About Regal Rexnord
Regal Rexnord Corporation (“Regal Rexnord”) is a leading manufacturer of electric motors, electrical motion controls, power generation and mechanical power transmission products and sub-systems, serving customers around the world in the general industrial, consumer, commercial construction, food & beverage, and alternative energy end markets, among others. Regal Rexnord sells its products and solutions to OEMs, through distributors, and directly to end-users. Regal Rexnord is a $7.2B company with 36,000 associates globally.
You may not know it, but Regal Rexnord impacts your life every day. The company’s products enable the fans in HVAC systems that keep us comfortable; the power source that keeps smart buildings running; the agricultural and food service equipment that keeps us fed; and the conveyer systems that keep e-commerce flowing, to name a few of the applications where our products are used.
Regal Rexnord’s business purpose is to create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion. This means creating innovative solutions while focusing on both customer needs and the company’s commitment to sustainability. The company’s industrial powertrain and automation solutions offerings are an important part of the company’s growth strategy. The company’s strategy includes leveraging 80/20 to prioritize all activities, including product excellence, operational excellence and commercial excellence (i) driving organic sales growth through the introduction of innovative new products, with a particular focus on improving energy efficiency, (ii) establishing and maintaining new customers, as well as developing new opportunities with existing customers, (iii) participating in higher growth end markets and geographies, and (iv) identifying and consummating strategic, value creating acquisitions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Regal Rexnord is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal Rexnord is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to building a team that represents diverse and inclusive backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.