Position – Design Engineer Associate
Company – Regal Beloit
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Regal Beloit Corporation is a leading manufacturer of electric motors and controls, power generation products and power transmission products serving customers throughout the world. We create a better tomorrow by developing and responsibly producing energy-efficient products and systems. At the end of fiscal 2019, Regal generated about $3.3B in sales and employed approximately 21,000 employees worldwide. The company sells its products directly to OEMs, distributors, and end-users. Regal Beloit Corporation is a Wisconsin corporation with common stock listed on The New York Stock Exchange beginning in 1976. Regal’s common stock is a component of the SandP MidCap 400 Index and the Russell 1000 Index. Regal was founded in 1955 and is headquarted in Beloit, Wisconsin.
Power Transmission Solution (PTS) – with over $800 Million in annual revenues, PTS is one of four segments of Regal Beloit Corporation. PTS is a leading producer of mechanical power transmission components, drives, gearing, bearings, conveying components and belt drives. Our brands include Browning®, Jaure®, Kop-Flex®, McGill®, Morse®, Rollway®, Sealmaster® and System Plast®. The high performance products from PTS can be found in a wide array of industrial and commercial machinery across food & beverage, HVAC, bulk material handling, unit material handling, wood processing, power generation, steel and agriculture industries. Headquartered in Florence, Kentucky with facilities located in the US, Mexico, Canada, Europe, China and India.
Regal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Power Transmission Solutions is a division of Regal and is a major producer of mechanical power transmission drives, Bearings and components. This position is within our Bearings and Components technology team focusing primarily on provide CAD/design support for orders/quotes, Engineering Change Requests as well as projects for the Bearings and Components business. This position will be responsible for execute orders/quotes and Engineering Change Requests for Bearings and Components products.
- Execute orders/quotes for Bearings and Components products like Bearings, Pulleys, Bushings, Clutches..
- Person will be handling all Engineering Change Requests/Notifications independently.
- Prepare assembly design layouts with complete GD&T, analysis of fits and clearances.
- Performing Tolerance studies (stack-up)
- Create design documents such as installation instructions, customer data sheets etc.
- Rendering- 3D modeling and rendering work for new or existing part
- Support various engineering projects involving design, cost savings, product improvement, simplification etc.
- Support Application Engineering for Bearing product 3D CAD models and drawings.
- Provide necessary drawings/3D models required from concept through NPD & production.
- Provide drawing packages including details, assemblies, layouts, and BOM structures.
- Assume additional roles and responsibilities as required. Capable of handling multiple projects.
- Adherence to quality process.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to fully execute project deliverables.
- Understand manufacturing process, process capabilities and establish tolerances using knowledge of components and assemblies used and intended function.
- Follow Regal Beloit Ethics and Safety Programs.
- Perform other assignments per business need.
Required Education / Experience / Skills: Bachelors / Diploma in Mechanical engineering from a reputed college.
- Experience: up to 3 years of relevant experience for Degree in Mechanical Engineering OR Minimum 5 years for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in mechanical industry
- Experience in Solid Edge CAD software must. Experience in SolidWorks/Creo/ AutoCAD will be an added advantage.
- Proficient with drawings and models.
- Knowledge of GD&T, drafting standards and International material standards is must.
- Experience with industry standards such as DIN, AGMA, API, ANSI…. (preferred)
- Ability to review and interpret technical drawings and specifications including GD&T, material standards etc
- Experience in preparing GA/Layout/ Assembly and manufacturing drawings of machined components
- Exposure to power transmission products will be an added advantage
- Working experience on any ERP software will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes like machining, casting, plastic molding will be an added advantage
- 3D modeling and rendering work for new or existing part in any rendering Software. SOLIDWORKS Visualize experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Undertake work in an efficient and timely manner
- Team-oriented and able to support multiple projects of varying size
- Good project management skills a plus
- Self-motivated, Professional, high-energy, inquisitive, capable of working with minimal supervision