Position – Piping Engineer
Company – Rambøll
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Strategy – Global Service Bands
- Currently, we are envisaging several larger projects to be awarded and we require someone who can work with our leads and senior team members, is familiar with E3D, and closely work with our counterparts in DK, the US, and elsewhere. This is augmenting to the existing team of Engineers and Designers.
Responsibilities & tasks
- Support one or more REN-EEC projects as part of the global engineering initiative.
- Work should be completed in accordance with the project’s specifications and the company’s quality standards.
- studies must be routed and sketches to be made for drafting and 3D modeling
- E3D 3D modeling of supports, pipes, and other objects
- Plan the plot and arrange the equipment before filming.
- Piping GA’s: Prepare and verify
- Isometrics: Setup and verification
- MTO setup and verification
- aid in the production, selection, and review of support drawings. E3D pipe support modeling.
- Critically accountable for job quality – Verifying drawings and documentation per QA standards and procedures
- drawing extraction from E3D using the relevant/draft 2D module
- Participate as needed during model reviews, routing studies, etc.
- Work in coordination with the relevant engineers, designers, and draughtsmen
- collaborating with team members from various disciplines or the service area
- makes ensuring that the team uses software effectively.
- Enhance the engineering and design process to increase productivity, efficiency, and quality.
- any additional tasks that the Lead or HOD assigns
- Mechanical engineering bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from an accredited university
- 2 to 3 years of experience in refineries, process engineering, upstream/downstream oil and gas, and process design.
- knowledge of international standards and codes
- engineering expertise in concept, FEED, and detail
- has a strong practical understanding and solid theoretical foundation.
- Drawings and papers like P&ID, Instrument Hook-ups, civil/structural drawings, Pipeline Material Class Specification, pipe classes, and piping components utilized in the Oil & Gas industry (offshore and onshore), Inspection & Testing regulations, etc. should be familiar to you or exposed to you.
- exposure to concepts for piping layout, support, and routing.
- E3D modeling expertise with a track record of reliability in areas like equipment, pipelines, supports, conflict resolution, etc.
- practical experience with 3D model review programs like Navis
- and possesses an understanding of 2D tools like Micro-station and/or ACAD.
- Understanding 3D modeling software, such as Plant 3D, Revit, Solidworks, etc., will be advantageous.
- Being familiar with offshore substations is advantageous.
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- Good team member with interpersonal abilities to function in a multidisciplinary setting, good communicator, open/transparent, and initiative.
- Good intercommunication abilities to deal closely with clients of various ethnicities, cultures, and backgrounds.
- owns and is accountable for the results he or she produces.
- eagerness to learn and develop.
- delivery of projects on time, within budget, and with the desired quality.
- Reduce customer complaints.
- Work together as a team and with other departments and projects to reduce claims of quality faults.
- To maximize client value, continuously enhance techniques and lessons learned.
- effective use of the available resources.
- respect for the Ramboll values.
Ramboll in India
More than 1,000 specialists from Ramboll are employed across five locations in India. They are driven to provide cutting-edge solutions in a variety of areas, including buildings, transportation, planning & urban design, water, environment & health, and energy. Ramboll is a business that employs people and was established in Denmark. We cordially invite you to join us in building a transparent, cooperative, and empowered culture.
How to apply
Please submit your application through our online recruitment system by clicking the “apply” link below if you are interested in applying. Include your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents that demonstrate your qualifications for the position and your start date. We are eager to get your application.