Position – Engineer – FEA
Company – Rambøll
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Here is a great opportunity to join one of the world’s leading engineering consultancies Ramboll and take on a position where you will be actively involved in design of foundations for offshore wind structures. You will work on projects with colleagues in India, Germany, UK and Denmark.
We are seeking an engineer experienced with Finite Element Analysis in ANSYS Workbench, for our Indian branch office in Chennai who will stay long enough with us to get good system knowledge and possibly also take ownership of certain methods or structures.
Inviting bright mind
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
Your Responsibilities as Engineer
In your role, your focus will be to carry out the following tasks in ANSYS
- Preparation of design models with good quality meshing and well-conceived boundary conditions
- Detailed FE calculations of the ultimate and fatigue capacity of structural components on the Offshore Wind foundations
- Prepare reports leading to authority approval/certification of the structures
- Carry our quality assurance of design and calculations done by other engineers
- Provide ideas for development and optimization of procedures
You and Your Competencies
Candidates must have 3 to 6 years of professional experience in designing steel structures in ANSYS Workbench. Furthermore, we expect you to have the following qualifications
- Master’s or PhD degree in mechanical or civil engineering from reputed colleges/universities
- Must have 3 to 6 years of professional experience in designing steel structures and welds using ANSYS. Excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments
- Strong solid mechanics background and mechanical aptitude
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments
- Experience of programming, preferably Python
- Exposure to ACT programming will be a benefit.
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll Energy is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach to energy that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,800 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design and implement sustainable energy solutions all over the world.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your application through our online recruitment system by clicking the link ‘apply’ below. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.