Position – Associate Manufacturing Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing India Engineering and Technology Centre is currently looking for Associate Manufacturing Engineer to join their Manufacturing Engineering team in Bangalore, India. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be part of a global team working on providing ME solutions to a wide range of Boeing products and services across the world. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) business organization.
A successful candidate will implement the preparation of installation plans, author assembly work instructions and drive process standardization for electrical wire harness products. The role would focus on working closely with global teams to ensure the assembly work instructions are defined most efficiently thereby ensuring the best value for our customers. This position also offers opportunities to be part of integrated project teams on the manufacturability and producibility of wiring design definitions. Be a part of our passionate and motivated team that always keep an eye to identify potential opportunities to improve and standardize the assembly process for our diverse range of products.
- Assists in developing, implementing, and maintaining various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions, and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration for Electrical panels, shelves and Wire Harnesses.
- Creates Installation plan in CAPP/MES.
- Assists in developing manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives.
- Assists in developing and integrating suppliers, processes, materials, data, and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
- Assists in developing tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Assists to investigate and resolve manufacturing-related issues.
- Assists in carrying out DFM and producibility studies of installation and routing of wire harness and electrical /electronic products.
- Assists to Draft, updates, and review processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assists in developing work instructions for installing wire harnesses and components in panels and other assemblies.
- Assists in creating testing and inspection plans for wire harnesses, panels, and aircraft electrical systems for continuity and proper functioning.
- Implement the process audits for the prevailing Installation/fabrication plans and ensure they meet the defined standards.
- Assists in implementation of safety procedures, Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention and non-conformances issues with wire harness manufacturing.
- Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
- Interprets wire harness design definitions and routing
- Assists in implementing lean principles and technologies.
- Exercises critical thinking and innovative problem solving.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of work experience in aerospace wire harness design, installation and routing,
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of Electrical Harness design software (2D/3D)
- Demonstrated experience with manufacturing execution systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Boeing products/Commercial aircraft platforms is highly desirable.
- Experience in Wire Routing and Installation of aircraft wiring systems using Catia is a plus.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through a Bachelors in Engineering (Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Aerospace) and typically 2 to 5 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
This position offers relocation
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.