Position – Design Engineer – Aerostructures
Company – Quest Global
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Quest Global is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek, have the following characteristics and skills:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Execute the allotted work package.
- Quickly understand existing process and adaptation to project requirements
- Responsible to follow checklist and process as per project requirements.
- Responsible for the on-time and quality of the deliverables.
- Supports the technical lead in delivering a technically correct product right first time.
Required Skills (Technical Competency):
- 1+ years of experience in Aero environment with knowledge of structural design of metal aircraft and repairs.
- Detail Design with specific knowledge and experience of Aerostructures specific Design Principles and Practices.
- Very strong working Knowledge of CATIA
- Knowledge of Aerostructure, Configured DMU, VPM, and PDM Link System view
- Experienced in documents (like PDR/CDR/Certification reports, Concessions, Repairs)
- Conversion of data and implementation into Engineering Tree
- Experience with tracking and reporting tools
- Competence in Composite and Metallic design
- Good experience with Aerostructure Standards, procedures and methods
- Experience in wings and high lift structures is preferable.
- Good Drawing reading skills
- 3D parametric Modeling of Metallic (using Boolean operation), Sheet Metal, Composite parts, and Assemblies
- 2D to 3D conversion
- Detail Design for DFM
- Implementation of modification and change requests to 3D models and drawings
- Preparation of Parts Detail 3D models and 2D Drawings
- Preparation of Assembly / Installation / Interface 2D Drawings
- Clash/clearance check (DMU) and report generation
- Create deviation reports for 3D versus 2D anomalies
- Creation and update single-, small-/big assembly, installation-; Frontier and Interface drawing sets
- Completion of Assembly / Installation / Interface / Frontier 2D Drawings
- Experience in Aero Process and Methods is an added advantage
Education Type – B.E/B.Tech/BS-Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering
Job Type – Full Time-Regular
Experience Level – Entry Level
Total Years of Exp. – 1 – 3