Position – CM&U – Mechanical Fluid Engineer
Company – QuEST Global Engineering
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Mechanical engineering & provide technical direction for mechanical design efforts to develop innovative CM&U upgrade solutions for gas turbine packages that improve performance, reliability, availability & maintainability for installed base
- Lead mechanical design for CM&U solutions associated with auxiliary systems for gas turbines, such as, fuel system, start systems, lube oil, ventilation & combustion, etc.
- Work closely with NPI engineering teams to leverage new technology and develop CM&U products to build pipeline
- Ensure design functionality, safety and integrity and compliance with appropriate Codes and Design Practices
- Provide technical direction and co-ordination of the associated design engineering team (internal and global), and making critical decisions about designs
- Read, interpret and develop pressure / flow and instrumentation diagrams, piping assembly and fabrication drawings; as well as work with 3D parametric models
- Conduct design reviews with chief engineering office as required
- Collaborate with cross disciplinary functions like CADD, Electrical, Controls, Systems and Specialist teams to execute projects
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Coordinate project tasks and schedules.
- Provide support for both internal and external customers
- Provide start up, commissioning, troubleshooting support for OTR projects
- Maintain standard BOMs / drawings by incorporating recent lessons learned and keeping it up to date
- Support site surveys and customer meetings
- Manage the engineering OTR / NPI projects through engineering partners with focus on scope, costs, schedules, quality and risks, plus the product cost & reliability
- Maintain first time quality metrics for the projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 6 years to 10 years of progressively responsible post-bachelor’s degree engineering experience
- Proven experience working in multi-functional engineering teams focused on basic design definition and/or detailed engineering activities for Gas/Steam turbine power plants or similar type project execution efforts.
- Knowledge & working experience on Auxiliary systems / Accessories.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities.
Education Type – B.E/B.Tech/BS-Mechanical Engineering
Job Type – Full Time-Regular
Experience Level – Mid Level
Total Years of Exp – 6-12