Position – FEA Engineer 02
Company – QuEST Global Engineering
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
In your role, your focus will be to carry out the following tasks in ANSYS APDL.
- Perform analysis using ANSYS that includes: Meshing, loading, solving, debugging, linear and nonlinear, elastic-plastic; typically the tasks include 2D & 3D rotor analysis, mapping of loads to 3D model, sub-modeling analysis, Tooling analysis, etc.
- Perform a variety of structural analysis tasks for aero engine components (Fatigue lifing, modal analysis, impact, creep, strength, etc);
- Define solution approach, including problem definition, assumptions, analysis plans, and verification
- Follow customer engineering standard work
- Document all work completed, including technical recommendations, lessons learned and best practices, and improvements to standard work and internal processes.
- Prepare reports leading to authority approval/certification of the structures
- Participate in engineering reviews (for your work and others) and provided feedback for acceptance and / or improvements areas
- Develop innovative ideas to improve cost on customer products / parts (redesign / process improvements)
- Work in a fast-paced, team environment to meet quick deadlines
- Support the establishment / monitoring of technical discipline procedures and policies
- Provide technical inputs and resolve technical issues, including suggesting alternate methods of analysis and developing new Engineering Standard Work
- Support project planning of new and existing tasks (cost, schedule, and scope)
- Guidance of team members with trouble shooting
- Interface with other disciplines to ensure cost-effective designs
- Should have Good Exposure to ANSYS APDL
- Should have exposure in Siesta
- Must have 3 to 7 years of experience in FE Analysis.
- Should have good exposure to Fatigue & Creep calculations.
- Should have good exposure in Aviation industry and best practices followed in Aviation industries.
- Should have good exposure to tool such as Hypermesh and UG-NX.
- Should have Good Knowledge on Linear & Non-Linear Static Structural, Steady State , Harmonic , Thermo-mechanical Eigen buckling analysis and Modal analysis involving Materials, Geometric & Contact Non-linearities in ANSYS.
- Should be Good in hand calculations, Verification & interpretation of FE Results
- Participate in design reviews with the customer and presenting toll gate reviews.
- Experience in developing APDL macros to reduce time in pre & post processing in ANSYS
- Strong understanding of Finite Element Method Concepts & Strengths of Materials
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to perform complex assignments.