Position – Associate Engineer – Mechanical – STET
Company – Philips
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Manage high impact, complex transfer projects that enables Philips to reduce risk, improve profitability, align with Philips’ strategic supply base and optimize supply chain flexibility. The primary function within this role is to execute engineering activities through the course of fast-paced, high quality transfer projects.
You will be responsible for driving meaningful and innovative product development, generating ideas/concepts in feature development to improve quality and reduce cost, as well as performing the role of a technical lead in taking the product development through manufacturing release while transferring products between suppliers.
You are responsible for
- Developing manufacturing specifications by using CAD tools like Solid works & Creo for modeling, assembly, detailing including drawing conversions & generating BoM.
- Apply GD&T and perform Tolerance stack-up analysis for components/Sub-system.
- Responsible for releasing design through Engineering Change management.
- Mechanical components design and development.
- Plastics, Sheet Metal, & Machining components/sub-system Design & Development by liaising with Mechanical designer/Architect.
- Selection of materials based on functional need by liaising with Mechanical designer/Architect.
- Selection of appropriate finishing processes & Paintings to components/sub-system.
- Active participant in DFM and DFA activities & optimization of design for cost reduction.
- Support existing products design improvement and support new development programs
- First Article Inspections and wherever required perform measurements.
- Work with supplier, procurement engineer to complete the Prototype and qualifications.
- Knowledge in Test fixtures design & development based on component/sub-system functionality.
- Understand Requirements to design & perform unit level verifications to confirm with requirements.
- Support localization activities
- Complying to all applicable medical standards / regulations such as CE and FDA.
- Work with Mechanical designer and cross functional stakeholders (Like Service, Quality, Regulatory, Marketing, Clinical etc.…) for the projects.
- Provide technical support to suppliers and other departments to fulfill project and production needs.
You are a part of
A high-impact, global organization within Philips that works across all modalities – The Supplier Transfer Excellence Team (STET). STET has been established as an entrepreneurial organization that focuses on fast-paced, high-quality portfolio transfers within the Philips global supply base to mitigate risk & maximize profitability.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- M.Tech /B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical engineering
- 2 to 4 years of relevant industry experience in design & development of system/subsystem
- Working Knowledge of structural design, CAD (Creating 3D models and manufacturing drawings), experience in FEA analysis is preferred.
- Working experience with manufacturing processes.
- Good at hand calculation of the design.
- Basic understanding of DFMEA and identifying relevant product risks.
- Identifying the suitable material, Creating EBOM, DFM/DFA.
- Experience in latest engineering design and methods, tools, and processes.
- Working Knowledge of IEC 60601 standards is preferred.
- Disciplined team worker, ability to work independently.
- Ability to present ideas and to convince project team members.
- Be structured and self-organized.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player, leadership skills and drive for results.
- Quality mindset in design and documentation.
- Intercultural sensitivity.
- Self-motivated & ability to coach, support and direct the Engineers in a subgroup.
In return, we offer you
- A rewarding career in Philips with attractive package. `
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)