Position – Mechanical Design Engineer 2
Company – Pall
Location – Maharashtra, IN
Summary Purpose of the Position:
This role is responsible for performing engineering activities on a global value engineering value analysis (VEVA) project to develop a new global range of vessels. This role works closely with project team and senior engineers to ensure engineering solutions meet customer requirements, project schedule, and budget.
- Line Management Responsibility: None
- Financial/Budget Responsibility: Financial and Budgetary control for assigned projects ensuring agreed targets are met and contribute to budget planning process of the Global Process Engineering group.
Knowledge & Key Skills:
- Time Management
- Good understanding of mechanical design principals relating to pressure vessels, hydraulic and process systems as per international standards
- Good knowledge of major manufacturing processes of pressure vessels including welding, machining, forming, moulding/ casting and sealing mechanisms.
- Good knowledge of international drawings (BS8888 / ANSI Y14.5 or equivalent global standard)
- Good 3D and 2D CAD knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task
- Value Engineering and Value Analysis (VAVE)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, equivalent discipline or experience to an equivalent level.
- 2 years’ experience in relevant engineering disciplines
- Must be willing to travel both within local country and abroad therefore a current driving licence and passport are essential.
- Must be willing to work reasonable unpaid overtime and unsociable hours if program objectives dictate.
- Produce engineering documentation as required (on time, to budget and of suitable quality) to support requests for quote / customer orders / manufacturing and suppliers including drawings, calculations, data sheets and procedures.
- Through a process of continuous improvement and VAVE, develop the processes and products across all disciplines so that time and cost can be optimized whilst still ensuring a robust and effective process’ and products
- Generate designs which meets customer specifications and offers safe and reliable/robust design which is easy to manufacture/operate and maintain.
- Preparation of full, clear, and concise specifications for product function for use in internal and external documentation and testing protocols together with applications, SLS and commissioning engineers.
- Specifying materials, components, and assemblies with performance, serviceability, longevity and economy in mind.
- Introduction of new technologies wherever possible which reduce costs and increase time / resource efficiencies.
- Participate and lead technical clarification meetings with other groups at Pall as well as customers and suppliers.
- Participate and lead troubleshooting and problem-solving activities with customers, suppliers on product technical issues.
- Work as part of a cross functional team designing and detailing products ensuring safety and functionality are met in accordance with the customer requirements and current legislation
- Apply sound scientific and engineering principles to develop robust and cost-effective products and processes designed for manufacturability.
- Managing product data to ensure that effective traceability is maintained through the product life cycle.
- Perform duties to an agreed program, manage priorities by liaison with team leader and Engineering manager.
- Working processes and designs to be in accordance with local and international legislation, customer quality requirements and the Pall Quality Management System.
- Other duties as required
General Health and Safety:
- To follow relevant legal requirements and the Company Health & Safety Policy
- To keep your work area tidy and free from hazards.
- To make a positive contribution to housekeeping.
- Report and address any safety defects.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.