Position – Engineer, R&D, VC&A
Company – Neles
Location – Dombivli, Maharashtra, IN
Want to be part of a new ambitious growth company? We offer world-leading flow control solutions and services to customers all around the world. Are you eager to learn our respectful and customer-centered culture that continuously strives for better together? We are looking for enthusiastic professionals who have a hands-on attitude and make great ideas a reality.
Job posting end date: 05/31/2021
Engineer R&D is responsible for design of Actuator (Rotary & Linear), Solenoid valves & Limit switches.
Product development, responsibilities depend on the project phase and can include tasks from the whole range of product creation process, including research activities, Actuator concept design. Product Data Management (PDM) and product launch related tasks. Product maintenance tasks include design improvements, Engineering Change management and support to other organizations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and development of products and its components including manufacturing drawing and process, BOM, Prototypes, Instruction manual and testing procedure.
- New product development, engineering calculation and concept design.
- Standardizing design in accordance to ISO, EN, ASME and DIN standards.
- Improvement in existing product and value engineering activities.
- Reverse engineering of product for development purpose.
- Interaction with Product Manager for better understanding of customer`s requirement.
RELATIONSHIPS & AUTHORITY
- Report to Manager R&D
- Work closely with the team but also with product managers and with production organization (e.g. assembly, machining).
- Maintains engineering documentation in support of product design, company standards, and regulatory requirements through the appropriate Product Data Management systems
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree and minimum 4-6 years related engineering experience.
- Skills or experience in simulation & PDM, are considered as a plus
- Should have knowledge of mechanical design and strengths of materials.
- Prior experience using 3D/CAD Solidworks, and CAD Autocad.
- Great collaboration skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to independently take things forward.
This position is situated in an office environment, although travel to Metso global locations may be required.
Neles Corporation is a well-known flow control solutions and services provider to the oil and gas refining, pulp, paper, and bioproducts industries, chemicals, and other process industries. Neles employs about 2,900 people and has operations in approx. 40 countries. Neles’ sales for full-year 2019 were EUR 660 million and operating profit was EUR 93 million.