Position – Engineer – Mechanical (Water & Wastewater Projects)
Company – Mott MacDonald
Location – Pan India
- Preparation of Equipment layout and civil outline drawings for wastewater and desalination
- Preparation of Piping Material specification and valve material specification as per project
- Cross-checking of hydraulic calculation and hydraulic flow diagram during detail engineering
- Preparation of pump head calculation and blower head calculation.
- Preparation of RFQ (ready for quotations) for Bought out items such as Intake pumps,
- Preparation of RFQ for Package items such as compressor, lime handling system and co2 storage system and Degasifier system, etc.
- Preparation of technical datasheets for all rotary and static equipment.
- Preparation of technical bid evaluation and manufacturing clearance for all the bought out
- Checking of vendor GA’s for various equipment.
- Follow up with vendor & consultant/client for the approval of the documents.
- Preparation of line sizing and pipe wall thickness calculation.
- Design and preparation of fabrication skid drawings such as UF Module rack, valve rack, and compact High-pressure RO Skids, RO CIP Skids, and UF Backwash skids
- Checking of piping isometric drawings and piping 2D GA drawing.
- Checking of pipe supports drawings (Above ground and below grounds such as thrust bloc
- Preparation and checking of mechanical GA drawings as per the bought out details.
- Preparation of initial and final piping MTO (Material to be ordered).
- Preparation of erection BOM and release for the site.
- Coordination of other disciplines such as Process, Civil, Electrical, and instrumentation.
- Co-ordination of site team and preparation of as-built drawings.
- To understand the design risk and assumptions associated with the project and manage this risk.
- To record the risks and assumptions as the project progresses.
- To ensure that the designer’s responsibilities under CDM are adhered to by all
- To promote good H&S practice and minimize risks to operators/maintainers (e.g. designing out confined spaces and working from heights)
- To understand the environmental issues associated with the design and to manage them through the design process
- Undertake post-project reviews to identify and communicate lessons learned and best practices.
- Ensure the design team is working on the company procedures (i.e. Engineering, CAD, and QA procedures).
- Identify potential improvements to the client’s systems and procedures
- BE or M Tech in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 4-6 years of experience in the above work
- MIMechE/ MIET or equivalent Professional qualifications of workings towards achieving it
- Detailed knowledge of the design process, engineering, and engineering design
- Good understanding of project commercial issues and constraints
- Appreciation of Health, Safety, and Environmental systems and procedures
- Experience in either AutoCAD® P&ID, OpenPlant PID, SmartPlant P&ID, OpenPlant Modeller is desired
- Revit MEP, Navisworks
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PDF document management, Bentley ProjectWise