Position – Engineer – Mechanical (Water & Wastewater Projects)
Company – Mott MacDonald
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Preparation of Equipment layout and civil outline drawings for waste water and desalination
- Preparation of Piping Material specification and valve material specification as per project
- Cross checking of hydraulic calculation and hydraulic flow diagram during detail engineering
- Preparation of pump head calculation and blower head calculation.
- Preparation of RFQ (ready for quotations) for Bought out items such as Intake pumps,
- Preparation of RFQ for Package items such as compressor, lime handling system and co2 storage system and Degasifier system etc.
- Preparation of technical datasheets for all rotary and static equipment’s.
- Preparation of technical bid evaluation and manufacturing clearance for all the bought out
- Checking of vendor GA’s for various equipment’s.
- Follow up with vendor & consultant/client for the documents approval.
- Preparation of line sizing and pipe wall thickness calculation.
- Design and preparation of fabrication skid drawings such as UF Module rack, valve rack and compact High pressure RO Skids, RO CIP Skids and UF Backwash skids
- Checking of piping isometric drawings and piping 2D GA drawing.
- Checking of pipe supports drawings (Above ground and below grounds such as thrust bloc
- Preparation and checking of mechanical GA drawings as per the bought out details.
- Preparation of initial and final piping MTO (Material to be ordered).
- Preparation of erection BOM and release for site.
- Coordination of other disciplines such as Process, Civil, Electrical and instrumentation.
- Co-ordination of site team and preparation of as built drawings.
- To understand the design risk and assumptions associated with the project and manage this risk.
- To record the risks and assumptions as the project progresses.
- To ensure that the designers responsibilities under CDM are adhered to by all
- To promote good H&S practice and minimise risks to operators / maintainers (e.g. designing out confined spaces and working from heights)
- To understand the environmental issues associated with the design and to manage them through the design process
- Undertake post project reviews to identify and communicate lessons learnt and best practice.
- Ensure the design team are working to the company procedures (i.e. Engineering, CAD, and QA procedures).
- Identify potential improvements to the client’s systems and procedures
- BE or M Tech in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5-7 years of experience in above work
- MIMechE/ MIET or equivalent Professional qualifications of workings towards achieving it
- Detailed knowledge of the design process, engineering, and engineering design
- Good understanding of project commercial issues and constraints
- Appreciation of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures
- Experience in either of AutoCAD® P&ID, OpenPlant PID, SmartPlant P&ID, OpenPlant Modeller is desired
- Revit MEP, Navisworks
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PDF document management, Bentley ProjectWise
Job profiles is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.