Position – Engineer, Tool Design
Company – Molex
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The tool designer is responsible for collaborating with all stakeholders supporting 3D, 2D, and all other design activities in mold design
Contacts include internal and external customers /vendors. Internal customers include but are not limited to Mold Tool Process Engineers, Manufacturing Plant Process Engineers, New Product Development Engineers, Product / Project Managers, and Principal Engineers. External customers include Molex Customers (Bosch, Continental, Ford Motor Co., General Motors, PSA, etc.). Internal Vendors include fabrication sources such as GTC (Molex Chengdu Global Tooling Center). External Vendor contact would be domestic/offshore fabrication sources and mold tool component companies, injection mold press manufacturers, and peripheral mold equipment manufacturers/distributors.
What You Will Do
- Support on 3D & develop drawings (2D) in NX and production support globally
- Actively collaborate with other functional teams and vendors to ensure mold design project success.
- Attend and participate in on/off-site technical knowledge-sharing visits as required.
- Apply continuous improvement efforts and lessons learned directly back into TIS mold design standards.
- Support limited TSP Projects as required that are directed by supervisor/ manager and/or Principal Engineer.
- Direct interaction and communication with CAE/PE – Predictive Engineering Group receiving inputs providing outputs supporting Mold Flow and 3D mold design development.
- Domestic and Foreign travel required.
- The person in this position makes technical and financial decisions required for the following key activities:
- Develop and implement new NX/TC 3D/2D mold design activities to meet customers’ production and delivery requirements.
- Support global operational mold design continual process improvement projects.
- This position requires a high degree of responsibility and is highly technical in nature. It requires in-depth knowledge of injection molding (interconnect applications).
- The individual in this position independently works with all functional groups and gathers necessary information and makes required product/mold recommendations.
- Provides required technical guidance and support to the Mold Process Engineering Group and Principal Engineers.
- Limited daily interaction or supervision is required on the process steps for completing NX/TC mold design responsibilities.
- Induvial in this position is responsible for accurately estimating mold design project timing.
- This job requires
- Creativity, organization, leadership, and accuracy in creating or supporting NX/TC 3D/2D mold designs.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Tool and Die Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical or equivalent industry experience in injection molding development
- 2-5 years of direct experience in CAD tool design (Mold Design Preferred).
- 1-2+ years of mold manufacturing as a tool maker (Preferred)
- Interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) necessary to successfully complete projects in collaboration with customers, the NPD team, vendors, and operations.
- Experience with NX and Teamcenter.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Knowledge of tooling strategy and processes: along with the ability to openly share this knowledge with others. Ability to read and interpret product, tool detail, and tool assembly drawings in hard copy and electronic versions. Good organizational skills to handle complex technical data and manage multiple competing project priorities. Strong verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely. Computer skills: CAD design software (NX/TC Preferred), Microsoft Projects, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Must be a collaborative team player who is willing to consider input from other functional areas of the business. Willingness to work occasional overtime and weekends as needed. Must be willing to travel both international and domestic as required to remote plants.
- Knowledge of Injection molding principles and automotive connectors
Who We Are
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company. At Koch Companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value, and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.