Position – Engineer, CAE Application
Company – Molex
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Should be able to solve the challenging simulations (for medical devices) individually having a strong domain knowledge on CAE.
Provide product analysis (CAE) results to accelerate product introduction and improve design efficiency and accuracy
Our team works on Predictive Engineering
What You Will Do
- Works on all types of simulations (non-linear structural and vibration) for Medical Application.
- Works on Structural problems using FEA, MBD and CFD techniques
- Works on optimizing the designs & providing insightful inferences to the simulations.
- Coordinates with the customers in the product development process.
- Understands the testing requirements for medical products.
- Documents the implications of each test on the device and how it can be replicated in the simulations.
- Understands the current materials that are being extensively used by medical group and finds the gaps in them.
- Finds alternatives for the current material set proactively through discussion with vendors and materials experts
- Arriving at correction factors for altered materials upfront and incorporates those into the mathematical model
- Understands the product development process of medical products, influences the involvement of simulation-driven design and decision-making through inputs at various stages
- Involves in all tests that would or might come as FEA requirements.
- Understands the products and mechanisms of Medical products as and when possible
- Involves in customer reviews, design reviews and suggests changes
- Suggests alternate materials, alternate designs, and alternate testing methodologies
- Works with fixture design team to develop right testing tools for the medical devices
- Documents best practices for the medical products simulation as applicable
- Works on current gaps in the simulation methods and works towards digital twinning
- Facilitates collaboration between Product Designers and Simulation Engineers for vertical and horizontal Multiphysics approach
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- BE/M Tech in Mechanical Engineering
What Will Put You Ahead
Work experience on medical devices (Drug delivery devices) are added advantage Solid background in mathematics and Statistics knowledge of Medical products and product development process is an added advantage.
A strong understanding of the fundamentals of strength of materials and physics
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Who We Are
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.