Position – CAD Engineer
Company – Molex
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Responsible for the design support to DSS (DSS Business Units) products. Manages product modifications through the complete implementation process to develop designs that meet or exceed product performance specifications per internal Molex standards, industry standards or customer specifications to a planned schedule. Supports engineering team on all projects in development, 3D Modeling, 2D Drawings, engineering changes, technical documents, product testing, etc.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support design, development, and modification of products within DSS BUs that meet or exceed customer expectations. Design includes all aspects of product development such as 3D Modeling, 2D Drawings, design layouts, engineering changes, technical documents, tolerance analysis, product testing, etc. Utilizes a working knowledge of material costs and manufacturing processes to determine the impact on various design attributes. Provides input to the DFMEA analysis of the product as required.
- Works with manufacturing engineering to develop manufacturing processes utilizing the latest 3D CAD modeling techniques and other DFM tools.
- Provides technical support to customers, suppliers, and inside product marketing personnel.
- Work globally with teams to bring products to production.
- Checks engineering, manufacturing and sales drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written, that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Understand, support and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, and/or Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Support design, develop & modifications of DSS products and manufacturing processes. Products are designed using 3D CAD solid models, 2D detailed engineering drawings, GD&T, FMEA, and component FAI. Completes projects according to internal product development procedures and ISO/QS requirements.
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical
Same as above
2-3 years design experience of electromechanical products – components and assemblies
Should possess good knowledge in designing plastic, sheet metal & machined components
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience in designing connectors and cable assemblies
- Proficient in solid modeling experience to generate 3D models & 2-D drawings
- Possess good knowledge in designing plastic, sheet metal & machined components
- Analytical ability to apply logical reasoning, test assumptions, observe results and make corrections
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and Power Point
- Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and in a team
- Travel will be required as necessary
PREFERRED: Material and manufacturing knowledge of plastic, sheet metal & machined componentsProficient in Siemens NX 11 and PLM/PDM
“Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace”