Position – Supplier Quality Engineer
Company – Danfoss
Location – Oragadam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Danfoss is looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. You will be expected to excel in a fast pace, growing company and thrive in a culture of continuous improvement. You will need to have outstanding interpersonal communication skills to deal with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
Commodity Expertise: Electro-Mechanical.
- Good knowledge in Control panel and electronics commodity
- SPPAP handling with suppliers
- Suppliers Claims & 8D handling
- Vendor Governance and supplier score card publishing
- Supplier Audits – Technical & Process
- Cost of poor-Quality handling towards Suppliers.
- Monitoring Supplier Performance & Development.
- New product development quality.
- Projects – New sourcing & Localization.
- Ensuring supplier parts quality.
- Handling global suppliers.
- Prepare Quality Planning for Part Development.
- Identify and communicate SPPAP requirements based on the risk assessment and be a part in supplier related change control projects
Background & Skills
- B.E (Manufacturing Engg or Electrical or Mechanical)
- Experience: Min 4 to 6 years
- Preferred experience in following quality tools: PPAP, MSA, calibration, Control Plans, PFMEA, and detailed manufacturing work instructions.
- Required experience in using problem solving skills such as 8D’s, 5 why’s, fishbone diagrams
Danfoss – Engineering Tomorrow
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways – driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder’s mindset ‘action speaks louder than words’, we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.