Position – AM/DM-Pyro / Ferrous Sales Support
Company – Metso Outotec
Location – India
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of two companies we offer stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join the positive change.
Job posting end date: 12/31/2020
The Pyro / Ferrous Processing Product Support is responsible to perform all necessary functions to ensure the execution and profitability of the assigned pyro processing products. Activities and responsibilities include price setting, margin development, internal training, supplier analysis, customer analysis, product development, and technical support. Additional core activities would be to support internal operations and back-office function and development
Job Duties and responsibilities
- Define the value of Metso Pyro processing spares for our customers and disseminate this knowledge through the organization and to our customers
- Establish, implement, and drive initiatives to help grow and improve the profitability of the Pyro processing spares business.
- Assist in mining information for MA feedback and data analytics.
- Work with the supply chain in different MA.
- Assist with complex and simple proposals. Includes CSR and GSR functions
- Ensure coordination of activities related to the product line across the functional and operation groups; identify barriers to an efficient and profitable business and lead the change.
- Review of customer inquiries, identifying needs, requirements, comments/ exceptions, and applicability to supplied equipment.
- Visit customers to understand their business and corresponding product needs; understand their decision process and key drivers.
- Visit key Market Areas to understand their support needs and assist with providing/developing those.
- Provide the necessary training tools (either directly, or coordinated with Services and any other BU resources) to help ensure market area sales teams and third-party distribution partners are competent to effectively sell Pyro processing spares.
- Establish and maintain effective communications with the client either directly or through Market Area
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and/or other special projects as required.
Qualifications and experience
- College degree in Mineral Processing, Mining, or Mechanical Engineering, or related (or equivalent training/experience)
- 4+ years experience in large project proposal type activities, preferably with mining, mineral processing, or industrial minerals equipment and projects
- SAP experience a plus
Skills and abilities
- Observes safety regulations and exhibits a concern for safety.
- Shows commitment to quality ethics and focuses on meeting the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Manages time, skills, and resources to produce a maximum volume of work and reduction of errors.
- Written and oral communications are organized, clear, concise, and accurate. Listens carefully. Keeps others appropriately informed.
- Demonstrates cooperative team effort within a workgroup. Works effectively with other groups and departments. Demonstrates respect for others.
- Assesses and prioritizes work requirements; develops and executes plans in a timely manner and accepts advice and/or direction well.
- Possesses a depth of knowledge and skills required, needs little or no supervision.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent communication and effective interpersonal skills are required as the job incumbent will have frequent interactions with both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to effectively discuss, explain and coordinate designs with drafters and other disciplines cross-functionally
- Must be able to function effectively both as a member of a team and as an individual contributor
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time allotted with minimal supervision
- Highly motivated individual with the ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be capable of effectively and accurately working on several projects at one time
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms, and effectively communicate with others.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, including climbing up and down multiple flights by way of stairs or ladders when working in the field.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required use of keyboards, telephones, copiers, fax, visits, and movement through shops, and travel experiences.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Ability to travel internationally overnight 30% or more, frequently on short notice.
- Ability to react to audible warnings.
Internal and external interfaces
- Market Area (MA) product teams, sales support teams, customer account managers, and sales management
- FSE, Repairs, Refurbishment, Engineering, and Engineered Spares management teams
- Engineered Services business unit management team
- Customers and distributors
- Supply Chain
- Pricing analysts
- Cross MSE BU’s
- MCA Business Lines and functional organizations
- Financial and IT hub personnel
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions, and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining, and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its illustrative combined sales for 2019 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com, twitter.com/metsooutotec