Metso Outotec is hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer, Grinding, GBP, SVS
Company – Metso Outotec
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
This position will provide technical problem-solving and application support to the Engineered Products business line, globally through application of Engineering knowledge and principles.
The incumbent will work closely with the global business through the application of Engineering principles to increase business execution efficiencies by:
- Part Creation in the Business systems
- Product Data Maintenance
- Part Harmonization
- Drawing digitalization and cataloging
- Master Data Cleansing
The position will work to maintain and enhance the reputation for providing consistently accurate and on-time engineering designs and Data to Metso’s client base and support the global engineering teams.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work towards meeting global Business Line KPIs
- Utilize Operational Engineering standards, workflow processes, and software to facilitate timely, accurate engineering data and drawings
- Identify opportunities for upgrading and improving customer equipment and processes
- Update formal engineering specifications for equipment or parts.
- Digitalization of existing drawings and updating standards/specifications to meet current Metso design.
- Perform calculations to ensure the safe function of equipment for refurbishment, upgrade, or retrofit.
- Prepare mechanical drawings to facilitate fabrication, construction, and installation for equipment or services to refurbish, upgrade, or retrofit.
- Apply mechanical engineering knowledge, principles, and best practices to meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Show a commitment to quality, ethics, and safety.
- Show a commitment to meeting the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude
- Work as a member of a global team.
- Undertake duties as may be assigned by the Engineering Manager or Lead Engineers.
- Collaborate and partner with internal departments including Sales, Project Management, Field Service, Proposal Management, Procurement/Purchasing, Logistics, Legal, IT, Finance, and Human Resources.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and/or other special projects as required.
RELATIONSHIPS & AUTHORITY
- Reporting to the Manager, Engineering Service Desk
- Collaborates with Proposal group, Project Management, Global Quotation Support, and other Engineering groups.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline.
- 2-5 years experience in engineering/technical environment preferred.
- Experience with mining and construction plant design is preferred.
- Competent with 2D CADM and 3D CAD software (AutoDesk Inventor & AutoCAD Mechanical & others as required)
- Competent with Engineering and ERP systems (Vault EDM, SAP & others as required)
- Working knowledge of MS Office products.
- Experience in taking and supporting decisions of engineering experts for all related disciplines, including the integration of non-core disciplines to Metso.
- Team player
- Attention to Detail
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Well Organized