GKN is hiring | CAE Simulation Engineer |
Position – CAE Simulation Engineer
Company – GKN
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At GKN Automotive, we are passionate about building Software that solves the most complex challenges in the Automotive industry. We’ve spent more than 20 years at the forefront of innovation, working with most major OEMs to deliver Electronic Control Units (ECUs). Our eDrive technology is now powering over two million vehicles on the road today. The rising demand for EVs has led us to increase the range and volume of our products to our global customers
GKN Automotive Bengaluru Private Limited India :
At our Bengaluru Technology Centre, our culture is centered around innovation. We’ve invested heavily in developing our state-of-the-art engineering lab to ensure our teams have the tools and resources they need to succeed and thrive in our environment.
Working on new product development, our engineers have the chance to build multi-discipline expertise supporting projects across the full lifecycle, from design through implementation and validation.
Our culture is open and collaborative, and employees regularly have an opportunity to engage with leaders, provide ideas and work to develop these to become a reality. It’s a place where our multi-discipline team’s partner, collaborate, and learn from each other. Career development is supported by relevant, sponsored technical training, coaching, and access to self-driven training across a wide range of topics covering hard and soft skills.
We are seeking an CAE Simulation Engineer to join our team. The role can be based in the office or remotely with time in the engineering lab when required.
In this role you will represent product development and design engineering and you will collaborate in a global team to work closely with automotive customers and GKN engineering teams to assure that the mechanical designs are in alignment with the best methods for design, quality, and production. The CAE Simulation Engineer is supporting the product development and the enhancements of new and existing automotive products.
Key responsibilities include:
- Perform CAE analysis at the system , sub-system & component level
- Be responsible for, but not limited to , generating multiple CAE concepts using mock up/parametrization processes.
- Automate existing manual descriptions/work instructions (Ways of Workings: WoWs)
- Designing interfaces which will be used at a global level, throughout the company.
- Canndidate should carry out basic engineering calculations to validate FEA results.
- Candidate should be able to read codes and standards and apply corresponding Code provisions
- Candidate need to interpret FEA Results should prepare understandable Structural calculations report.
Who you’ll be:
To be successful in this position, you can work independently, understand requirements and come up with solutions in a short timeframe. Someone who is very interested in cae & automation as a career, investigating new tools s and technologies to use in your development process. You should be an open learner , it’s not just a job, more like your profession, not just do standard work packages, rather automate and simulate in HPCs.
Specific Functional Capabilities, Knowledge and Skills Required
- Degree of Engineering Sciences in the fields of Mechanical or equivalent
- Extensive experience with FEA modelling ( 1d, 2d, 3d )
- Experience with automotive processes and standards.
- If no formal experience, but has personal or FOSS projects can showcase, you can share the portfolio for consideration
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Should have a mind-set that believes “All is possible”.
- Searches and finds solutions on his own and very much interested in self learning and exploring new areas
- Experience with Static & Dynamic Analysis ( Linerar & Non-Linear )
- Experience with 1D sysems
Language Skills: Must be fluent in English
This is an excellent opportunity to work at the forefront of technology and innovation across the fast-paced Electric Vehicle market supporting new product development across all phases of the project lifecycle. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a flexible working culture, a leading car lease scheme, excellent annual leave allowances, medical insurance, creche allowances, and ongoing career progression and development support.
Our people are at the heart of our success. If these projects excite you and you want to help drive innovation and change in our industry, we’d love to hear from you.
About GKN Automotive:
GKN Automotive is a global leader in eDrive technologies, the architects of an electrified future. Our innovation, expertise and global footprint give us the ability to drive a sustainable future, delivering eDrive technologies, competitively and at scale.
We have been inventing the future for 250 years. Our technologies and innovations made front-wheel drive cars possible and all-wheel drive systems more efficient. GKN Automotive is now at the forefront of the mass production of advanced, efficient, systems for electrified vehicles.
Through continuous innovation and improvements in efficiency, performance, and control systems we are collaborating with global automotive manufacturers, helping them produce the next generation of electrified vehicles. We are the go-to technology partner for leading electrified vehicle manufacturers, with the ability to tailor every eDrive solution, matched to our Driveline technologies