Position – Asst Manager Sourcing
Company – Metso Outotec
Location – Alwar, Rajasthan, IN
Would you like to take this opportunity to influence the industry towards a more responsible use of the world’s natural resources?
As a newly combined company Metso Outotec creates a unique workplace. Combining the strengths of two companies we offer stronger platform for growth and innovation.
This is your opportunity to join the positive change.
Job posting end date:
Job Title: Asst Manager Sourcing
Business Area: Aggregate Business
Department: Sourcing – Metso Park
Location: Metso Park, Alwar, Rajasthan
Report to: Sr. Manager Sourcing
Result-oriented Sourcing buyer, BE Mechanical with more than 6-8 years of experience working for a global organization in sourcing and vendor development.
Core competency in sourcing and development of Fabrication and M/ed parts.
Major strengths include vendor development, Manufacturing Process, self-costing, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to create and maintain excellent relations with suppliers and internal customers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive end-to-end strategic sourcing process, which includes gathering data, conducting market research, benchmarking and identifying potential suppliers, and recommending the optimal sourcing approach.
- Evaluates current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits, and audits, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery
- Analyse supplier responses, create supplier scorecards and facilitate discussions with business decision maker
- Participate in cross functional project coordination and internal process compliance
- Conducts RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal)
- Supplier relationship management – manage supplier performance and maintain interface with supplier’s organization
- Work with Global and Regional category sourcing managers to develop sourcing strategy for each individual project and get aligned with cross function team
- Develop and implement effective cost management programs to deliver optimized Total Cost of Ownership and continuous cost improvement
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to prioritize workload
- Continuously look for opportunities within the supply to improve quality, cost, delivery and compliance.
- Development of fabricated items with new/existing vendors within stipulated timeline and optimum budget.
- Co-ordinate and participate in communication between vendors and internal departments as necessary to resolve the new development issues both technical and system related.
- Conduct all business transactions consistent with Metso policies, procedures & guidelines, legal requirement, regulations & standards and appropriate ethical standards.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Planning, Quality, Finance and other departments within the organisation for activities, requirements & expectations of both the organisation as well as the suppliers.
- Participate in overall team objective by defining and meeting the timeline targets.
- Analysing, preparing and maintaining Techno-commercial comparatives, file notes etc.
- Prepare and circulate MIS and reporting it to the management for the new product and vendor development.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Positive attitude.
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Driver and self-starter with good communication skills.
- The ability to work under strict deadlines without letting the shortage of time affect the quality of work.
- Adv anced systems skills and working knowledge of MS Office, advanced Excel knowledge, Auto CAD (Must)
- Experience in SAP MM Module is must.
- Good knowledge of reading and understand of Drawings.
- Good Knowledge of Quality management systems.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques and best practices
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Good knowledge of costing and costing calculation technique (MHR, ZBC, Activity Based, Nesting)
- Strong knowledge of fabrication/welding processes is must.
- Good Knowledge of GD & T & Welding Symbols.
- Good Knowledge for Inspection and test methods for fabrication parts (Destructive/Non-Destructive)
- Good Knowledge on PQR & WPS and its implementation.
- Good knowledge of engineering design concepts and practices.
- Good knowledge of development as per the APQP & PPAP process.
- Good knowledge of welding fixturing.
This position is predominantly situated in an office environment, also travelling and vendor visit is a part of job profile.
- This position is based in Alwar, Rajasthan.
Metso Outotec is a frontrunner in sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing, metals refining and recycling industries globally. By improving our customers’ energy and water efficiency, increasing their productivity, and reducing environmental risks with our product and process expertise, we are the partner for positive change.
Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso Outotec employs over 15,000 people in more than 50 countries and its illustrative combined sales for 2019 were about EUR 4.2 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki. mogroup.com , twitter.com/metsooutotec