Position – Design Engineer- COE Pumps
Company – Metso Outotec
Location – Alwar, Rajasthan
It all begins with active personal involvement – curiosity. Why can’t things be done differently, better, or maybe simpler? Over the years, curiosity builds knowledge.
We utilize the knowledge and a hands-on attitude to make a big difference to our customers. Be part of a friendly and professional team in a global workplace. With us, you will be working with world-leading process industry solutions in a result-driven and respectful culture.
JOB Description Design engineer COE pump
Job Title: Design Engineer, Customer Order Engineering (COE) Pump
Business line/Unit: Slurry pumps
Report to: Team Lead/Engineering Asst. manager COE
Location: Alwar, Rajasthan
1. JOB STATEMENT
- Design Engineer, COE Pumps work primarily with customization designs for Customer orders and quotations, product care design tasks, and technical support to manufacturing and other COE teams globally.
- Cooperation with Application & Sales support, Quality, Procurement, and Production units both locally and globally will be part of the daily tasks.
2. Job Duties and responsibilities
- Creates 3D models utilizing Metso’s current design software.
- Creates manufacturing drawings, based on standard designs and calculations.
- Assisting with problems regarding assembly or parts incorrectly fabricated etc.
- Assist with drawing up General Arrangements for customers and detailing necessary items, not in existence.
- Assist by the creation of part numbers on the Business system.
- Performs basic strength evaluations/calculations.
- Maintain drawing/Vault database, Key user.
- Perform documented product safety review as a part of the daily design process
- Develops new solutions independently and in project teams.
- Maintains good order and efficiency in his/her work.
- Takes part in design reviews.
- Identifies needs for design changes from production requirements as well as quality and procurement needs.
- Participates as a team member and sometimes a leader in a development project for slurry pumps
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and/or other special projects as required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Design orders on time
- Health, Safety and Environmental actions according to policy
- Work sharing with Global COE team
Reports to local COE manager / team-lead. Other, see point
4. Internal and external interfaces
Close cooperation with:
- Other COE Engineers based in other regions
- R&D Engineering Department
- Planning and production departments.
- The Front End operations organization
- Customers and Sales & Service Organizations
- Quality Assurance and other supply chain functions for deviation approval and supplier feedback requiring design updates.
Own decision rights:
- Makes technical decisions on design and manufacturing related topics.
- After ~1 year experience authorized to do peer review of designs
6. Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering with relevant focus area towards Design Engineering, or 3 – 5 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering and design.
- Experience in the use of 3D CAD modeling tools and Inventor is considered an advantage.
- Experience in centrifugal pumps, castings, welded design, rubber parts is a plus.
7. Skills and abilities
- Positive and solution-oriented interaction skills with counterparts as required.
- Efficient end results-oriented approach.
- Works well in teams as well as an individual contributor.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in the time given with own responsibility to plan and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Service mindset with a strong focus on business growth and profitability.
- Operates per ethical principles in all situations.
- Maintains and develops the highest safety culture and standards.
- Maintains open and active communication within the organization.
Metso is a world-leading industrial company offering equipment and services for the sustainable processing and flow of natural resources in the mining, aggregates, recycling and process industries. With our unique knowledge and innovative solutions, we help our customers improve their operational efficiency, reduce risks and increase profitability. Metso is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki in Finland and had sales of about EUR 2.7 billion in 2017. Metso employs over 12,000 people in more than 50 countries.
metso.com , twitter.com/metsogroup