Position – Component development engineer
Company – Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Private Limited
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Role: Automotive Exterior Concept design engineer/ Component development engineer
- Liable for autonomously making part plans (in computer-aided design), this incorporates the production of 3D model and 2D models
- Guarantee Part configuration conforms to Item necessities (Determinations), this incorporates Assembling practicality, homologation checks, utilitarian checks, bundle checks, and so forth..
- Work with Cross-useful groups and Providers to guarantee Part development according to Project achievements.
- Project the executives and provider the board to guarantee project deliverable according to Project time plans until SOP.
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical or automotive engineering is required.
- 3-11 years of expertise in the field of automotive component design/development of interior or exterior trimmings is required.
- 3+ years of expertise using “UG NX” or other CAD design software in the early stages of concept development at OEM, Tier 1 automotive suppliers.
- Product knowledge for trim pieces such as bumpers, grilles, rocker panels, spoilers, and interior trim elements.
- Capable of comprehending simulation/testing data and optimizing components accordingly.
- Working knowledge of PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) software
- Have worked in the automotive sector on product development processes such as APQP (QFD, DFMEA, and PFMEA)/VDA, DOE, and PPAP.
- Working experience in cross-functional teams and with suppliers
- Component design and development phases are controlled independently.
- Engineering understanding of automotive trims, knowledge of plastic materials, plastic manufacturing
- Knowledge of Automotive trims engineering, knowledge of Plastic Materials, Plastic manufacturing, Plastic tooling requirements & Automotive trims trends
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities (Cross-functional negotiations, presentations to committees, etc..)
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Analytical abilities
- Project Management abilities
- Excellent Team Player
Preferred (not mandatory):
- German language skills