Position – Engine assembly process Engineer
Company – Maruti Suzuki India Ltd
Exp. – 3 to 7 years
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Role: Process planning, layout planning and facility installation for Engine Assembly
Education: Mechanical Engineering/ Industrial engineering/ Automobile engineering
1. Process & layout Planning: – Engine Assembly & layout planning for new model introduction including conceiving and conceptualizing aspects such as line balancing, line side component distribution, ergonomics, safety, quality measure, optimum space utilization, process automation, data traceability, etc.
2. Facility Planning & set-up: –
- Preparation of project proposal including budget and schedule,
- Preparation of specifications for new equipment/equipment modification and integrated equipment and line layouts,
- Procurement and handover of new equipment and modification of existing equipment involving Techno-commercial evaluation through tendering process, planning and coordination of Installation & commissioning (e.g. Installation & commissioning and handover after trials of End of Line testing, Inline test machines),
- Scheduling & Reporting (Preparation of schedule for the above activities and tracking of progress, Updation of project progress against plan),
- Post commissioning activities & Project closure (trial monitoring, production support and Liasoning with equipment supplier, Capturing of learnings and updation for future reference.
3. Design & application of jig-fixtures to aid engine assembly process.
4. Develop and plan concepts such as lean, just in time, kaizen, Kanban Japanese philosophy and Japanese manufacturing concepts
5. Plan and execute FMEA (Failure mode effect analysis) to minimize quality defects.
Competencies / Skills
1. Domain knowledge of engine assembly processes design.
Ability to correlate quality related failures to process and part related issues. Knowledge of process quality control parameters and techniques.
Good Understanding of different engine inspection process ( leak Test, inspection machines) .
2. Ability to understand technical and commercial requirements for set-up of Engine assembly shop & to evaluate alternatives with Cost-benefit analysis.
3. Hands on experience on process design, equipment / plant set-up related to assembly shop for 4-wheeler.
4. Familiar with softwares such as Uni-graphics, Auto-cad, Factory-CAD, project management software, ERP software,
5. Ability to effectively communicate specific requirements with suppliers and monitor the overall development process at supplier end.
6. Strategic Thinking & Strong execution orientation and problem solving approach.
Objectivity, Excellent interpersonal skills, Communication & presentation skills, Achievement orientation, Team player, Networking skills.