Mahindra & Mahindra is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer – Body Systems CoE
Company – Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Responsibilities & Key Deliverables
- Experience in Sheet metal design of Upper Body / Closures / Underbody / Cargo / Body fittings
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and the ability to create 3D models and drawings/ 3D Annotations of the components being designed using appropriate software tools.
- Demonstrates ability to gather information for generating concepts. Generates and analyzes multiple concepts /proposals to select the most optimum design
- Creates parametric models for complex parts/ sub-assemblies by incorporating the right dimensions
- Decides parameters for gathering relevant information at a subsystem level. Interprets benchmark information to generate proposals for part/assembly
- Generates multiple alternatives of Master sections based on Vehicle Architecture, benchmarking, strength requirements, and other system constraints
- Finalizes the sub-system design meets all requirements like Styling data, manufacturing requirements, SAM and performance, durability, and Homologation requirement
- Understands the advantages/disadvantages of commonly used metal types and grades to evaluate different options for the design of the BIW subsystem.
- Understands functional requirements (e.g. thickness, tolerances, load paths, stiffness, etc.) and manufacturing requirements (stamping, 2T/ 3T welding, fixturing, corrosion prevention etc.) to design BIW parts and assemblies.
Software Skill Requirement;
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 ( GSD,Part Design, Assembly Design,Functional Tolerancing & Annotations, Drafting these tools are must be known )
- MS Office
Experience – 2-3 years
Graduate/Post Graduate in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering
- Leverages individual strengths , and breaks silos to deliver solutions for all stakeholders by expanding the creative problem-solving abilities of self and Team.
- Focuses on sustaining strong relationships and encourages self/ team work well with all interfaces / other departments
- Behaves in an authentic manner and is able to develop trust and energy in his/her team members
- Ensures self and team members deliver superior performance by helping them to leverage the organisation’s systems and processes for learning and development, recognition, and communication.
Job Segment: Drafting, Manufacturing Engineer, Systems Engineer, Welding, Engineering, Manufacturing, Automotive