Position – Engineer – Body Systems CoE
Company – Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Responsibilities & Key Deliverables
- Experience in Sheet metal design of Upper Body / Closures / Underbody / Cargo / Body fittings
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and the ability to create 3D models and2D drawings/ 3D Annotations of the components being designed using appropriate software tools.
- Demonstrates ability to gather information for generating concepts. Generates and analyzes multiple concepts /proposals to select the most optimum design
- Creates parametric models for complex parts/ sub-assemblies by incorporating the right dimensions
- Decides parameters for gathering relevant information at a subsystem level. Interprets benchmark information to generate proposals for part/assembly
- Generates multiple alternatives of Master sections based on Vehicle Architecture, benchmarking, strength requirements and other system constraints
- Finalises the sub system design meeting all requirements like Styling data, manufacturing requirements, SAM and Performance, durability and Homologation requirement
- Understands advantages / disadvantages of commonly used metal types and grades to evaluate different options for design of BIW subsystem.
- Understands functional requirements (e.g. thickness, tolerances, load paths, stiffness, etc.) and manufacturing requirements (stamping, 2T/ 3T welding, fixturing, corrosion prevention etc.) to design BIW parts and assemblies.
Software Skill Requirement;
- Knowledge of CATIA V5 ( GSD,Part Design,Assembly Design,Functional Tolerancing & Annotations,Drafting these tools are must be konwn )
- MS Office
- 1 to 4 years
- Graduate/Post Graduate in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering
Job Segment: Manufacturing Engineer, Systems Engineer, Engineer, Welding, Drafting, Engineering, Manufacturing
Many companies. One Mahindra.
Our story began with the steel industry in 1945. Today, we’re a USD $19.4 billion global federation of companies that enables people to rise through innovative mobility solutions, driving rural prosperity, enhancing urban living, nurturing new businesses and fostering communities. Famous for our rugged and reliable automobiles and tractors, we are also known for our innovative IT solutions, and commitment to rural prosperity.
We have a strong presence across 20 key industries namely the agribusiness, aerospace, commercial vehicles, components, defence, logistics, real estate, renewable energy, speedboats and steel among other business where we provide insightful and ingenious solutions that have global ramifications. Our companies act as a federation, with an optimum balance of entrepreneurial independence and synergy.
Headquartered in Mumbai, India, we have an operational presence in over 100 countries and employ more than 256,000 people. Amidst our diverse backgrounds, and presences, our governing spirit of “Rise” binds us as one Mahindra, that empowers us to chart new frontiers, innovatively and make a positive impact along the way.