Position – CAE Analyst – CFD
Company – Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Location – India
Responsibilities & Key Deliverables
- Should collaborate with different stakeholders like HVAC CoE, Power Train Integration CoE, PowerTrain CoE, and Vehicle development team for passenger car projects
- Should report to the management the updates on the project and follow the Climate control, Engine Design Process
- Should develop the new capabilities for BEV & new trends in CFD
- Should prepare the analysis reports and ensure the timely discussion with necessary stakeholders.
- Should meet the project timelines
- Should ensure the quality of analysis and results delivered on time.
- Should support the preparation of KM documents and updating the process documents, design guidelines, and modeling guidelines.
- Should have good knowledge on working principle of Automobiles
- Should have good fundamentals – Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, and Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Should be able to do finite volume modeling of Full Cabin, Engine & its systems.
- Should be able to assign boundary conditions & material properties to components.
- Should be able to differentiate between steady & transient simulations. Should be able to choose the appropriate mode of heat transfer for a given problem.
- Should be able to apply Boundary conditions required for steady and transient analysis.
- Should be able to carry out CFD simulation for Pressure drops, Flow distribution, Intake Manifold, Exhaust Manifold, Cooling Jacket, conjugate heat transfer analysis, Air Intake System, Exhaust System, Fuel Tank Filling, Cooling Circuit system and Transmission system.
- Ability to post-process results, make reports, and present results to the design team.
- Should be able to recommend design modifications to meet acceptance criteria based on analysis results, manufacturing and packaging constraints.
- Should have knowledge of different tests for Full Vehicle systems and test instrumentations.
- Should be able to correlate CFD results with physical test results.
Functional Competencies / Skills critical for the job
- Ansys Fluent
- Good and clear communication
- Able to discuss and present results with design teams
- Good report writing skills
- Team player
- Process adherence
- Quick learner
- Good Planning and execution skills
B.Tech with 2-3 years of work experience or M.Tech with 1-2 years of work experience.
- B.E Mechanical (Min First class)
- M.Tech/M.E – Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics (Preferred from IIT or other good institutes)
- We constantly strive to challenge conventional thinking and innovatively use our resources to drive positive change in the lives of our employees, customers, stakeholders and communities thus enabling them to Rise.
- We truly believe that innovation and technology are the catalysts for a better future. Our aspiration to Rise to the future embodies this belief. And we are intensifying our efforts to create a promising tomorrow. Our ambitions have constantly grown with time and we work towards pushing the boundaries of innovation, both in Domestic markets as well as the global arena.
MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA LTD.
- Mahindra Group’s parent company, is a dominant player in the Tractor and Automobile industry. It is both an operating company (Automotive and Farm Equipment Sectors) and a holding company of all its investments in subsidiary and associate companies. Other businesses under the Operating Company includes the Powertrain & the Construction Equipment divisions. Its Allied businesses includes Mahindra Powerol.
- With strong presence across India, the Automotive and Farm Sectors propels an entire manufacturing ecosystem by working closely with over 1,200 suppliers and 3,500 dealers and in the process, create employment for 200,000 people (direct and indirect). Its 30,000+ employees are spread across 20 locations.
- We introduced utility vehicles to India in 1947. Seventy years later, our portfolio ranges from SUVs, MUVs to pick-ups to heavy commercial vehicles to two wheelers. Our vehicles boast of several industry first safety and technology features and our category defining UVs traverse terrains in more than 70 countries globally. We pioneered electric vehicles in India, across the passenger and commercial segments. Our EV 2.O roadmap, aims to make electric vehicle technology more accessible and mainstream to accelerate EV adoption and cater to the smart cities of tomorrow.
Tractor and Farm Mechanization Business
- As the market leader in India for the past 30 years, Mahindra’s Tractor and Farm Mechanization business has helped bring Farm Tech Prosperity to the Indian farmer with technologically superior affordable solutions. Mahindra is the largest tractor company in the world with sales across 40 countries and 1000+ dealers worldwide. Now, we are catalyzing the third revolution of farming with Farming 3.0 to create an ecosystem with offerings across the farming value chain– from access to smart machinery, precision farming practices, digital platforms and ecosystem connect – to help farmers improve their crop yields and double their farm income.