Position – Design & Engineering
Company – Larsen & Toubro Limited
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Design & engineering of structural components, piping systems, pressure vessels and columns, WHR modules, etc. as per the client’s specification for manufacturing of heavy steel structures and equipment basically for Oil and gas applications, refineries, petrochemical/fertilizer complexes, and power plants.
Internal to the organization: Production, Quality
External to the organization: Customer, Vendors/consultants
Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications
- Coordination with customers/consultants for approval of drawings.
- Preparation of materials specification /bill of materials.
- Generate detailed fabrication drawings from AFC drawings issued by consultants/customers. Resolution of Site queries
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
Key competencies – Functional
Need to have
- Knowledge of the relevant codes & standards applicable to the Oil and gas sector (IBR etc.)
- Safe heavy erection techniques and implementation.
- Working experience in the latest software like AutoCAD, Bocad, and Staadpro.
- Process Engineering Safety
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and time-management skills
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Self-motivated and highly organized
Nice to have
- Project Planning Skills