Position – Mechanical Designer
Company – Lam Research
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Full Job Description
Lam Research is a leading global manufacturer of capital equipment used in making leading edge semiconductors across the world. We primarily compete in four specific areas deposition, etch, photoresist strip, and single wafer clean. Lam Research India team is organized into three major areas of responsibility: Hardware, Software, and Operations. We have an open position in the Hardware group. The Hardware group, designs subassemblies and subsystems for Lam’s product lines, providing innovation for the next-generation products, providing improvements in cost and reliability. In Hardware group, mechanical engineers, simulation analysts, electrical engineers, manufacturing engineers, and supplier quality engineers contribute to designing and improving Lam’s products.
- Implements cable design /design changes for medium to complex parts & Provide Solutions to documentation quality issues like Problem Reports / Supplier Build issues.
- Create Part qualification for new OEM components, Single connection, Multiple connection, Bundle cable & Flat/Ribbon cable routing.
- Selects OEM parts per design requirements independently and adhering to established processes/Best known methods
- Create/Update CAD models/drawings for sheet metal, machined parts, complex assemblies, gas line weldments
- Create and Supports manufacturing by documenting and releasing engineering drawings & bills of materials using Engineering Change Management.
Mandatory Skills required to performing the job
- BE in Mechanical / Production / Industrial engineering with 3 to 6 Yrs. of industry experience in design engineering
- 5+ Years of experience in creating simple to medium complex sub system models/Drawings using -Unigraphics-NX
- Expert in creating and releasing drawing package for sheet metal, machined components, tube assemblies using Unigraphics-NX & Experience in CAD data migration to NX
- 4+ Years of Experience in Unigraphics-NX Routing (electrical) and Exposure to Box Level routing, System level/PM Level routing & Cable deformation
- Should have good knowledge on welding symbols, GD&T symbols, Surface finish & ASME drafting standards
- Experience in various fabrication methods (Sheet metal & Machining) & knowledge on Cable manufacturing /Assembly
- Knowledge on Electrical components (Part Spec & Termination method, Cable types, Part compatibility)
- Experience working with Team Center & Knowledge in Engineering Change Management, SAP, PLM
- Knowledge and exposure to ANSI, ASME, AWS, ISO, SEMI standards applicable to semiconductor industry.
- Knowledge on MS office software’s like MS Excel, MS Word & MS PowerPoint
Success Starts Here
As a leading global supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry, Lam Research develops innovative solutions that help our customers build smaller, faster, and more power-efficient devices.
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. Our success results from our employees’ diverse technical and business expertise, which fuels close collaboration and ongoing innovation. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Join the Lam Research team, where you can play a vital role in the future of electronics and write your own success story.