Position – Mechanical Designer, I
Company – Lam Research
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
About Lam Research:
Lam Research is a leading global manufacturer of capital equipment used in making leading-edge-semiconductors across the world. We primarily compete in four specific areas – deposition, etch, photoresist strip, and single wafer clean. Lam Research India team is organized into three major areas of responsibility: Hardware, Software, and Operations. We have an open position in the Hardware group. The Hardware group, designs subassemblies and subsystems for Lam’s product lines, providing innovation for the next-generation products, providing improvements in cost and reliability. In Hardware group, mechanical engineers, simulation analysts, electrical engineers, manufacturing engineers, and supplier quality engineers contribute to designing and improving Lam’s products.
- Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering with up to 3 Years of relevant experience OR
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 4 to 7 Years of relevant experience
You will be creating and maintaining simple part/assembly layout and manufacturing drawings of Lam products. Collaborate with product development engineers in implementing concept design and simple design changes. You need to select OEM parts per design requirement with the help from Product development engineers. You need to create simple to medium complex assembly models and validate the documentation for the same. Accountable for delivering on time with quality as part of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as well as consistent improvement in efficiency.
Mandatory skills and experience required to perform the job:
- Proficient in 3D Modelling, Assembly and Detailing using Creo or NX.
- Knowledge in creating drawings for sheetmetal & machined parts
- Knowledge in BoM management and exposure to PLM software
- Basic knowledge of engineering/design methods & processes
- Knowledge in Mechanical hardware (fasteners) and OEM components selection
- Exposure to Semi-conductor industry related Engineering activities
- Knowledge in Engineering Change Management
- Experience in using basic GD&T for manufacturing drawings
- Exposure in Auto CAD
TOGETHER WE MOVE THE ATOMS THAT MOVE THE WORLD.
At Lam Research, we create equipment that allows chipmakers to build device features more than 1,000 times smaller than a grain of sand. This tiny scale has a huge impact. Our products and services are used to make virtually every leading-edge chip inside the electronic products you use every day, from smartphones and laptops to cars and even medical devices.
The exceptional men and women of Lam make that impact possible. Because of our people, we’re one of the world’s most trusted suppliers in the semiconductor equipment industry, and we reward the dedication of our team with resources, opportunities, and loyalty.
Whether you join us in operations, supply chain management, or customer support; whether you’re an engineer, a technician, or a specialist; whether you’re a senior leader or recent grad—you’ll be helping our customers manipulate the tiny building blocks of atoms … and move the world.