Position – Manufacturing Technical Lead Engineer
Company – Lam Research
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Together we move the Atoms that move the World:
Imagine working on the front lines of innovation! As one of the semiconductor industry’s leading suppliers of wafer fabrication equipment and services, our technology depends on finding and hiring the best and the brightest employees. We know that our dynamic, global team of exceptional employees is essential to our continued growth.
Lam Research – where successful people want to work:
We are a company comprised of people who work hard, deliver outstanding results and maintain a sense of humor during even the most challenging times. This is truly a rare opportunity. Lam Research is a market leader where our core values are not just words on the back of your badge. Given the criticality of this role to Lam Research’s success, this philosophy starts with you.
Many years back, Lam Research embarked on a journey to set up engineering center in Bangalore to expand its reach Indian talent pool. Over decade, this center expanded its capability and scope beyond engineering to global manufacturing, supply chain operations and other shared services. One of the major functional group of this entity is LIGHT (Lam India Global Hardware Team). Within LIGHT, few of the functions like manufacturing engineering, Supplier Quality and Cost Performance engineering represent global operations.
There is an opening for the role of a Manufacturing Technical Engineer for the virtual build activity within LIGHT Manufacturing Engineering. This position will be based out of Bangalore, directly reporting into the leader of Manufacturing Engineering and closely working with Global Pilot Manufacturing sites based out of Tualatin, Fremont in the US.
This individual would be responsible to conduct virtual assessment of power box assemblies and release build sequence document for the first physical build.
Years of Experience: Minimum 6 years of relevant experience
Educational qualification: Bachelors’/Masters’ degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Production Engineering
- Performs “Virtual Builds” for electrical/mechanical assemblies which includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Creates M-BOMs in Delmia from the E-BOM / CAD drawings
- Evaluates BOMs for completeness, commonality, obsolescence, etc…
- Develops virtual process plans / assembly sequences in Delmia
- Generates Sequence of Events / Work Instructions meeting LAM standards
- Performs DFMA analysis simultaneously with other tasks
- Performs static and dynamic interreference checks on the assemblies
- Reports any and all discrepancies and deficiencies found during the Virtual Build
- Attends design reviews and gives key inputs with respect to manufacturability.
- Recommends improvements (continuous, process related, or otherwise) wherever they are found.
- Reports progress of all assigned tasks to Engineering manager and US team.
- Responsible for delivering quality outputs that meet the requested project timelines.
- Works semi-autonomously with limited instruction from off shift United States based Engineering and Production.
- Proficiency working in Delmia (3DExperience preferred) or any other virtual/digital manufacturing software
- Working experience in DFMA assessment, ergonomic simulation and reachability/accessibility studies for assembly process.
- Must have clear understanding of Operation Method Sheets or Work instructions.
- Exposure to one or more areas of Design, Manufacturing, Process, and/or Industrial Engineering as well as the assembly, manufacturing, and/or operations environment required.
- Knowledge of Semiconductor equipment, Capital Equipment industry and its manufacturing processes
- Experience using Delmia (3DExperience preferred) or any other virtual assembly software for the purpose of creating assembly plans, work instructions, or running ergonomic simulations in an automotive or aerospace industry
- Exposure to 3D work instructions
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) & presentation skills
- Can interpret written specification or requirements
- Exposure to industrial, electro-mechanical, or other harness-based wiring for power distribution or machine control.
More About Us ….
Our work is everywhere you look – even if you can’t actually see it. Lam Research goes deeper than software or chips to the heart of the process that enables chip creation. So if you want to help power the components that empower everything, join us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.