Position – Design Engineer, Crane Order Engineering
Company – Konecranes
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
Overview – The person in this role will be responsible for the mechanical and structural design/engineering aspects of customized overhead, underslung, and portal cranes; check specifications/component selection from order documents, check the equipment layouts and execute mechanical and structural calculations using company-approved software, specify any changes in mechanical/structural components and provide detailed order engineering drawings. Must be familiar with industry specifications including crane standards IS, FEM & EN. Experience with welding and machining is required. Must be proficient with using a sales configurator, design calculation programs, CAD tools, and Microsoft Office. This position requires a direct interface between application engineers, project management, and the production facility.
Roles / Responsibilities:
- Review Project Contracts and Specifications related to new CTO crane projects.
- Check whether the Mechanical Components and Materials ordered meet the project specifications and requirements.
- Calculate the crane structural steel and crane electromechanical requirements for the project.
- Check Crane General Arrangement drawings and provide mechanical load requirements for the client’s civil engineer’s use.
- Design crane structural steel components and create detailed drawings for crane manufacturing for custom-engineered cases.
- Attend project Kickoff Meetings, External and Internal, as determined by the Project Manager.
- Specify technical requirements for manufacturing, assembly, transportation, and delivery.
- Communicate weekly schedule for deliveries of Order Engineering jobs to the reporting Manager.
- Assure schedule adherence.
- Assure quality assurance in the drawing & design process by monitoring the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and implementing the corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned by reporting manager
- The minimum education requirement is a Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical with a minimum of 3 years of experience with overhead electric cranes or similar industrial equipment.
- Special knowledge of engineering process is configured to order (CTO) area.
- Good understanding of using sales configurators, design calculation programs, and CAD tools.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of machine design and structural engineering practice as applied to overhead, underslung and portal cranes.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, commercial and customer-oriented mindset.
- Can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Awareness of ISO 14001 and 45001 Standards.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,900 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Konecranes is committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are treated fairly in an environment that is free from any form of discrimination.