Position – Engineer – Materials Management
Company – Kone
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Did you know KONE moves over one billion people every day? In 2019, we had annual net sales of EUR 10 billion. We employ over 60,000 driven professionals in over 60 countries worldwide joined together by a shared vision. As a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, it is our mission to improve the flow of urban life.
Job Title – Engineer – Materials Management
Are you the one?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Direct Material Procurement in Manufacturing / Auto Sector
- Sound working knowledge in Microsoft Excel-Macros / Word/ PowerPoint
- Working experience in ERP MM Module preferably SAP
- 5S, Inventory management tools
- CAD Drawing Knowledge and experience in manufacturing / operational process preferably Sheetmetal and casting
- Analysis, Problem-solving & Team Working Skills
- Quality Focus and collaboration
What will you be doing?
- Purchase the material: Create / Send purchase order to supplier, correct purchase order not impacting the contracts in coordination with sourcing.
- Good receipts: Monitoring effectiveness on packaging requirements in supplier web portal aligning to MES.
- Control Deliveries: Monitor order confirmation, ERP, and delivery full chain.
- Supplier Monitoring: Check supplier invoices, make reclamations, and monitor supplier performance.
- Material balancing: Inventory, Stock Difference, COGI Correction.
- Dynamic scheduling against forecast / Budget and Tier 2 stock Monitoring.
- Initiate lean activities, participate in continuous improvement, and record Corrective Actions.
- BOM – Verification / Correction in coordination with CFT in SAP.
- BCN/ ECN / CR Process – Acknowledgement and aligning Ramp up / Ramp down of materials.
- Keeping on date track of Indian statutory requirements are fulfilled by suppliers.
- Supplier Punctuality (Connection with sourcing)
- On-time Material Availability
- Inventory Turns/ Inventory Differences with respect to supplier receipt vs invoice
- Slow and Non-Moving
What do we offer?
- Career progression and opportunities within a global organization
- Total reward elements that engage and motivate our employees and help us make KONE a great place to work
- Comprehensive learning and development programs covering a wide range of professional skills
- You are surrounded by fun colleagues and a lively working environment within the Business Services team and KONE Front Line. The best part is all leaders are great and open-minded
Click on apply if you have a passion for meeting up with people and a desire to make an impact in the elevator and escalator industry.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers