Position – Product Manager
Company – Klüber Lubrication
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
The Product Manager will be responsible for managing the Asia Pacific regional product portfolio of Klüber Lubrication and OKS India. In this role the Product Manager will drive Innovation within the Asia Pacific region and work on strategic projects relating to products, which will improve the Sales and Gross Margins of the organization at large. The Product Manager would collaborate with varied internal teams both locally and globally to address product related quires within the Asia Pacific region. All operational tasks of the Product Management function would be also under the purview of this role.
Graduate Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years’ experience in product management or marketing of technical products, ideally from product-based B2B industry.
- Give strategic direction to sales and management team on key products to focus to achieve required sales and margin targets.
- Use data-driven product strategies to identify trends/patterns and opportunities for innovation.
- Develop and manage Product portfolio strategies in alignment with relevant local and international stakeholders
- Formulate strategies to position the products developed in India.
- Institutionalizing a culture of product Innovation within all levels of the company.
- Enhances the image of Klüber Lubrication in the market as a specialist and market leader for specialized products and innovation leadership.
- Translate customer requirements into product specifications by working closely with the sales team and the customers directly.
- Lead product development process in order to deliver the new product according to expectations (time, quality, cost, performance, adequate packaging)
- Strategize and co-ordinate the new product launch related activities, coordinate with marketing communication teams and create external promotion (e.g. LinkedIn posts, blog posts, press releases)
- Monitoring of performance of new product launch against target (e.g. number of opportunities, sales, profitability, number of customers, acceptance by sales team)
- Act as the process owner and project leader for product related queries and activities.
- Gain Market intelligence on competitor products and Provide support to develop product recommendations to both international and national OEMs.
- Develop application-engineering expertise of products and offer technical and marketing support to continuously improve business development within the Asia Pacific region.
- Liaison between of Klüber Lubrication entities in Asia Pacific and Klüber Lubrication Munich on product management issues, to ensure implementation.
- Work in collaboration with cross-functional teams, e.g. outside sales, sales support team and laboratory team, R&D, Production etc.
- Continuously improve and optimize the product management systems and processes in the Asia Pacific region.
- Act as the Speak-Partner for the sales force in Klüber India with the technical functions in both Klüber India and Klüber other sites, in order to well coordinate the competitive product analysis requests.
- Organize chemical and mechanical dynamical tests at KLM or KLIND to showcase the USP of products.
- Highly organized and autonomous, but also collaborative and able to work cross-functionally
- Ability to make decisions in changing environment, anticipate future needs and drive results.
- Self-starter who strives to improve the status quo and drives projects to completion.
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ by taking considerations from multiple stakeholders into consideration and think entrepreneurial.
- Very high degree of independent working and self-initiative.
- Strong networker who values collaboration and brings people together to find optimal solutions.
- Willingness to challenge and influence others and hold project members accountable.
- Strong process orientation, analytical and structured thinking.
- Strong MS Office skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, and willingness to learn additional programs (e.g. CRM, BI tools).
- Advanced skills in data analysis and visualization. Very strong presentation skills and strong technical writing skills
- Willingness to travel up to 15% -20% of time
Klüber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, caste, religion, marital status, disability or gender identity. We don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Please let us know, if you have any special need that requires accommodation.