Position – Lead Engineer
Company – Kennametal Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Lead Engineer – FEA & CFD
Roles and Responsibility:
- Conducting simulations by using tools like ANSYS Workbench, ANSYS Fluent, DEFORM, MATLAB, CUTPRO, THIRDWAVE Advant Edge and analytical methods to perform Structural, Metal cutting and metal forming simulations.
- Gather all the data required to perform simulations from customers. Perform pre and post processing as required, prepare simulation reports and communicate with global teams.
- Serving Cutting Tools subsystems like Standard Engineering, Customs Solutions, Field Sales, Special Purpose Machines, Fixture design, Global Design Teams etc.
- Predict product behavior in different applications. Handle troubleshooting and perform failure investigations in house or travel to interface with customer’s onsite if needed.
- Incumbent is expected to remain knowledgeable of external technology trends and developments in mathematical modeling and computer aided engineering field globally.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Material Science/ Manufacturing Technology/ Computational Analysis/ Computational Mechanics/ Allied branches
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Material Science/ Manufacturing Technology/ Allied branches with at least 2 year of work experience in FEA & Material modeling and Engineering Analysis related areas.
- Must have prior experience in FEA practices. Metal cutting experience in relevant manufacturing field is desired.
- Prior exposure to tool design/ application/ machining/ material modeling/ structural/ dynamic/ Harmonic analysis is preferred.
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of physical metallurgy and microstructure-properties relationship, as well as strong background in mechanical behavior of materials and test methods are required.
- The incumbent must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills and be able to ensure that scientific tools, such as statistical and other mathematical tools, design of experiment, optimization etc. are being properly utilized.
- A demonstrated track record of delivering solutions to customer problems, and strong project management skills are required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and be capable of representing Kennametal externally through publications and participation in technical symposia and trade shows.
Everyday customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation, count on Kennametal innovation to help them build the world around us. Our global team of nearly 9,000 people are at the forefront of solving our customers’ biggest challenges on the shop floor, at the mine face or on the runway in more than 60 countries around the world.
- Through the skill and innovation of our people, we deliver industry-leading tools and technologies that solve customer challenges and enable exceptional performance.
- Our mission is all about performance for our customers. Our tools and wear-resistant solutions enable customers to run longer, cut faster and machine with greater precision. We aren’t setting the performance standard for our industry…we’re resetting it even higher.
Transform how everyday life is built.
- Our customers build things that touch our everyday lives. They make products that enable people to drive, fly, power and build…and their products are made possible by Kennametal innovation. By continuously transforming ourselves, our products and our solutions, we are helping our customers to transform everyday life.
Safety. Respect. Integrity. Accountability.
These are the values and guiding principles that we live by every day.
- It’s safety first, always and everywhere.
- We exemplify respect for every person – no exceptions.
- We have integrity in all that we say and do.
- We’re accountable to each other, our customers, shareholders, environment and community