Position – Analyst Manufacturing – Executive Planner
Company – Kennametal Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Analyst Manufacturing – Executive Planner
We are looking for a candidate with 2-4 years of experience in the field of Production planning. You’ll guarantee that production planning remains smooth and ensure on time delivery of the parts to the customer by organizing process flow. In a fast-paced environment of execution, process planning is the most critical part of manufacturing. You should be able to optimize process planning with minimal procurement lead time and cost. The goal is to ensure on time delivery of the product’s with maximum quality in a profitable manner.
Planners perform various functions, which primarily involves process planning, Procurement, coordinating between departments and ensuring a smooth material flow in a manufacturing organization.
- Collaborate with production managers to ensure optimum productivity and timely completion of orders
- Create and implement integrated systems for carrying out production processes, such as quality and inventory control, human work factors, and cost analysis; logistics and material flow, and production coordination
- Coordinate and ensure the procurement and production for on-time delivery of products
- Ensure the availability of engineering data at product sites to support the build schedule
- Supervise and coordinate engineering process improvement with manufacturing sites
- Support the resolution of issues such as shortages, squawks, and taps; internal and external purchase orders and production delays that may influence on-time bundle delivery
- Cultivate systems that guarantee that production schedules align with program schedules
- Provide initiatives for continuous production and engineering improvement
- Create and deliver production status metrics to aid effective decision-making in the organization.
- Update daily report such as order booking, on time, production output, inventory and lead time to have a track of the performance. Accordingly support to take action to improve the performances.
- Responsible is to organize production according to demand and quality standards.
- Responsible for production planning, capacity planning, and scheduling of production following customers’ requirements and requests issued by the sales team or for Make to Stock (MTS) purposes.
- Scheduling production orders to meet changing monthly forecasts while managing inventory levels and schedules.
- Reviewing & acting upon order release & exception message generated, Coordinate BOM in an MRP environment.
- Responsible for creating weekly production timetable for assigned customer orders, utilizing tools such as SAP, MS Office, while taking into consideration inventory available and customer service goals/targets.
- Coordinate production workflow, planning & prioritizing operations with max performance and lesser delays.
- Responsible for ascertaining manpower, equipment & raw materials to cover production demand. Assigning workers & other staff to particular production operations, Scheduling shift according to production needs.
- The production planner work description also involves designing weekly manufacturing plan to meet target load objectives and satisfying the organization’s inventory goals.
- They furnish the sales team with lead-time information to enable appropriately handle customer enquiries.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities for Career Success
- Education: To work as a production planner, applicants are required to have a minimum of diploma in mechanical engineering High School diploma, but an Associate or bachelor’s degree in a technical field is often preferred.
- Knowledge: Production planners must have good understanding of production operations, Quality System Procedure and SOP’s, and a good understanding of continuous improvement/LEAN methods. It is also essential that they have practical experience in production planning, production materials, forecasting and inventory
- Computer skills: To carry out the duties of a production planner successfully, it is important that applicants are proficient with MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning)/ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) tools. They should also have advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including MS Excel. Must have SAP knowledge.
- Leadership skills: Production planners require influencing skills to be able to motivate and influence the production team towards attaining set targets.
- Communications skills: it is also essential for production planners to possess strong verbal and written communication skills for free flow of information while executing their job
- Project Management skills: It is also important that they have project management skills, including exceptional communication, leadership, and risk management skills; scheduling, cost management, and task management skills, etc to keep all aspects of the projects organized and actualized.