Kennametal Inc. is Hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Junior Design Engineer 2-India
Company – Kennametal Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Full Job Description
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 8,600 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.8 billion in revenues in fiscal 2021.
Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Title: Junior Design Engineer
Job Location: Bangalore
Entry level position and works under the supervision of Senior/Lead Designer. Creation and modification of drawings, customer graphics are prime responsibilities. Regularly provide feedback to supervisor on the inconsistencies and insufficient data in workbench.
Key Job Responsibilities
- 1Prepare drawings based on the instructions of Senior/ Lead designers.
- Modify existing drawings using automation tools.
- Create customer graphics for existing products, as per customer requirement.
- Work on ERs using ECTR.
- Should check designs against checklist.
- Provide feedback to the supervisor on insufficient data in workbench task.
Education , Work Experience, Skills, Certificates
Work Experience: < 1 Year
Preferred Areas of Education, Certifications, and Skills: Diploma in Mechanical Engineering/ Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering.
- Should have basic drawing interpretation skills.
- Modify existing drawings using automation tools (GKAD/TESS/KDS).
- Open/ close/ modify existing NX models /AutoCAD without automation. (modified standards)
- Understands guidelines for respective team products’ modelling and drawing.
- Can understand/create customer graphics.
- Have basic navigation skills NWBC & ECTR.
- Can create NX and ACAD documents.
- Link and delink MM numbers.
- Work with ERs using ECTR.
- Able to work with queries and lists.
- Understands CBAU.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing operation and processes. (machining, forming, pressing, forging, extrusion etc.)
- Understands cutting tool operations (Turning, Milling, Drilling, Tapping, Reaming, Boring etc.).
- Knowledge of tool assembly (cutting tool and Adaptors).
- Understanding of ISO nomenclature for cutting tools.
- Fundamental know how of Units and Unit conversions.
- Basic Engineering mathematics.
- Fundamental calculations like force, speed, feed, moment, torque and vibrations.
- Knowledge of Kinematics and Vectors.
- Understands Merchant circle diagram.
- Can interpret the checklist.
- Checks own designs against checklist.
- Provides feedback to supervisor on insufficient data. (before design)
- List out variations between design and data.
Equal Opportunity Employer