JSW Group is hiring | Application Engineering |
Position – Application Engineering- Assistant Manager / Deputy Manager
Company – JSW Group
Exp. – 3 to 8 years
Location – West region, India
Position Name: Application Engineering- Assistant Manager / Deputy Manager
Division: Sales & Marketing
Locations: Ahmedabad, Pune, Faridabad
Key Result Areas (Key Performance Indicators)
- Provide real-time technical service and solutions at the Customer end on products supplied from all plants across products and across segments like Automotive, Non- Automotive, and Retails segments.
- Must be able to do analysis, respond to customer needs, and provide innovative solutions to common problems and new requirements.
- Perform trials at the customer’s end, application tests and provide inputs to the plant through reviews to ensure the product is satisfactory.
- Respond to inquiries, and finalize technical delivery conditions (TDC) in line with customer specifications, based on applications and plant capability.
- In order to design and re-design effective applications, Application Engineers must acquire and analyze customer needs and problems, making recommendations to the engineering team to satisfy needs and develop solutions.
- Address product concerns and complaints.
- Performance monitoring and benchmarking with the competition.
- Provide Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) against customer Complaints.
Critical Tasks – KRA’s and Key Activities
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Initiate Product Development & Approval at target customers, drive and monitor till commercialization.
- Listen, understand, and provide solutionss for customer requirements.
- Perform technical/ product training for salespeople, fabricators, consultants, and engineers at targeted segments.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and grades necessary to make plant PDQC comfortable.
- Regular Interaction with the plant technical team through meetings at plants (once in a month). Travel to plants to perform start-up, integration, and training services.
- Resolve customer issues or complaints, as per Company’s target SLAs/timelines through field investigation, analysis, and customer inputs to plant QA/PDQC Dept and ensure non-recurrence
- Maintain professional business relationships through regular interactions.
- Identify customer needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
Decision-making authority (Decisions expected)
- Confirm product as per specifications/stated needs.
- Complaint acceptance (as per DOP)
- Customer Queries.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- BE (Metallurgy/Mechanical), 3-8 years of Work experience as QA/QC/Operations in Steel plant.
- Having relevant metallurgical/product knowledge (Steel mill process)
- Collaborating across interdisciplinary teams
- Statistical and mathematical skills for analysis
- Application knowledge (Customer process)
- Communications skills (both written & verbal)
Working relationships — Stakeholders
- PDQC/QA, sales & Marketing, CSD, and SCM
- Third-party lab
Key Success Factors — Challenges
- Grappling with the demand of the role
- Team Management
- Preferred those who know the local language for interaction with the shop floor at the customer end.