Position – CFD Engineer
Company – John Zink Hamworthy Combustion
Location – Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
You will be part of the Process engineering and will be aligned with Global CFD group. You will be responsible to provide technical support on commercial projects for our Flare, Burner, Thermal Oxidizer, and Vapor Control business groups. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team and the primary responsibility of this role is to own and execute CFD projects from the proposal stage through analysis, reporting, and presentation. Should be able to work in a dynamic situation supporting different product groups. Must have good communication skills.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Responsible for CFD simulation related Global CFD team’s requests in StarCCM+ for KES products.
- Technical knowledge and experiences in computational analysis / simulation viz., Pre-processing (including CAD clean-up, modeling, and meshing), solving, post-processing and reporting in ANSYS/Simcenter Star-CCM.
- Prepare the plan for simulation activities and align the simulation strategy with the requester to meet delivery timelines and attention to details.
- Prepare the 3D models required (Spaceclaim).
- Define the mesh attributes and assign the required boundary conditions.
- Perform the CFD simulations, analyze the results, prepare proper report with appropriate conclusions and suggestions to improve the product performance.
- Solving the simulation convergence issues.
- Validate mechanical design and propose solution to improve design modifications. Demonstrate an effective communication, align with the project requirement.
- Interaction with other divisions (Requesters) worldwide to understand the functional requirements.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal competence and acting good team player.
- Guarantee the respect of best practice and standards, establish and capitalize new standards when applicable.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Mechanical / Automobile / Chemical Engineering from a reputed institute or University.
- Candidate must have around 2-6 years of significant professional experience in CFD analysis using CFD tool StarCCM+ / ANSYS Fluent.
- Good experience in meshing (Select the type of mesh, elements, mesh quality, mesh convergence).
- Good understanding of Turbulence models and VOF / Multiphase simulations.
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
- Follow company guidelines and ensure compliance
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience in combustion simulation would be an added advantage.
- Experience in Dispersion modelling analysis.
- Strong coursework and/or research experience in CFD, Fluid Mechanics, and the Thermal Sciences.
“Koch is an equal opportunity employer”