Position – Senior Facilities/Maintenance Engineer (49200319)
Company – John Deere
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Plans, coordinates and performs facilities engineering work for a complete project or maintenance engineering for facility infrastructure, production equipment and processes of a large scope. Operates in a team environment within factories and with suppliers acting as a technical lead person. Provides project and supply management for projects of major scope. Provides leadership within Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) and Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) projects. Assigns, coordinates and reviews the work of engineers, support and contract personnel. Provides technical consultation and a knowledge base. Recognized as an expert within a Unit/Division for a specific process or function.
- Provides troubleshooting of the facility infrastructure and production equipment to support production, manufacturing, distribution and maintenance operations.
- Provides consultation, direction and mentoring to less experienced engineering staff.
- Provides life, safety and building code analysis and supports and implements programs within the organization to prevent injuries and illnesses. Assists in the identification and resolution of potential environmental, safety, ergonomic and health hazards.
- Provides complex engineering design for the infrastructure for the facility, grounds and production equipment and processes through both internal and external resources. Projects are highly integrated between various engineering disciplines.
- Provides project management of projects related to the facility infrastructure, production machines, equipment and processes that support the manufacturing and/or distribution operation. Projects are very complex and integrate all areas of engineering, requiring management of outside design professionals and contractors.
- Develops overall project sourcing strategy and researches market for qualified suppliers. Seeks competitive and negotiated sources for materials, equipment and services for maintenance, major new manufacturing processes or construction projects and prepares appropriate purchase orders for management approval.
- Responds to critical production down situations affecting manufacturing and/or distribution operations. Develops systems and processes to support manufacturing, distribution and maintenance operations.
- Maintains project budget cost control on projects assigned through Unit’s project cost control system. May provide leadership and takes a proactive approach to developing a quality project within budget.
Skills, Abilities, Knowledge
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental laws, regulations and goals.Knowledge of product, process, and facilities design.
- Background in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, power systems, etc.).
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
- Knowledge of contract management and Indirect Materials & Systems (IM&S) Supply Management Strategies.