Position – Sales & Service Engineer- Jamnagar
Company – John Crane
Location – Jamnagar, Gujarat
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide Sales & Service support to customers in Gujarat Region on company’s product range
- To perform installation and commissioning of seals, systems & couplings
- To conduct reconditioning of seal, system & coupling and recommend replacement, repairs or re-used
- To maintain customer plants, record & drawings in proper order
- To conduct seal, system & coupling inspection with customer and provide technical advice.
- To present company products and services to customer base and ability to provide training to customers
- To liaise with CSE on the orders & sales status
- To liaise with operation & engineering dept to provide after sales supports
- To provide quotations on all inquiry under his responsibility
- Reliability concept on root cause analysis, failure mode assessment, recommendations and reporting
- Reliability viewpoint on site tours, preventative activities and recommendations
- Gain understanding of systemic and chronic failures and develop plan accordingly to eliminate
- Understand feasibility needs, quantify benefits and prepare proposals
- Upgrade & review installations make engineering proposals and optimize arrangements.
- Data Management & Reliability data management, trending, analysis and reporting, plant schedules, maintenance history, upgrade plans and proposals. Contract KPIs as required.
- Manage & understand contractual requirements accordingly.
- Stock Management rationalization and cost control.
- Supply Chain & Vendor/3rd party management and coordination.
- Understanding & building relationships and developing intimate knowledge of people, processes, procedures and drivers
- Form integral part of client’s in-house team of reliability engineers, maintenance supervisors and area managers.
- Manage, initiate and coordinate actions. Monthly internal & external reporting
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 3-year experience or Diploma with 5-year experience
- Rotating equipment experience and FA analysis
- Hands-On experience of Mechanical Seals would be an added advantage.
- Must have good knowledge of the geographical region and spoken fluency in the local / regional language.
- Should possess good skills and ability to independently handle English communications with customers and internal stakeholders.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.