Position – Engineer – Quality
Company – John Crane
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
Duties & Responsibilities
What you’ll do –
- First piece approval for the parts manufactured in shop floor
- CMM inspection of the AHW parts
- Pre-Delivery Inspection of AHW and Mechanical seals
- Receiving Inspection (Dimensional and Visual) of AHW parts received from vendors
- Review of Supplier certificate with drawing
- Documentation preparation of Mechanical seals (Air test report, Material Certificate)
- Documentation upkeep of the inspected items
- Confirmation of inspection activity in SAP at regular intervals
- Support the team in investigating notification related to vendor
- Handling inspection activities during customer visit for the products – ONGC, Quest, BHEL etc
- Handling of measurement equipment’s like calibration of instruments, assessing the requirement of gauges and arranging the same
- Coordinating with laboratory about the special tests like hardness measurement, salt spray test etc.
- Developing and ensuring the adherence to the process Control Plan to enhance the control over the Manufactured items
- Monitoring and analysing NRFT data for in house manufactured components
- Analysing customer complaints, preparing RCA and monitoring the action plan
- Interacting with customer on quality related issues
- Monitoring supplier rejections and working with team to reduce the same
What you’ll definitely need –
- BE/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of industrial experience
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of working in MS office, working knowledge of ERP systems, i.e. SAP is a plus.
- Self-motivated, result oriented with the ability to work both independently or in a team where required
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.