John Crane is Hiring | Engineer – Applications |
Position – Engineer – Applications (Bangalore)
Company – John Crane
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Under indirect supervision performs a variety of engineering and design tasks requiring the application of standard techniques and procedures. Uses engineering judgment and responsibility to resolve customer inquiries. Provides guidance and support to Engineer 1 and 2 grades within the same area.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review & processing of Application Requests.
- Following standard techniques and procedures, select/apply standard or special products to meet customers’ needs.
- Liaising with Global Engineering Product Groups and other key stakeholders to provide ‘Right first time’ sealing solutions to customer requirements.
- Generation of engineering proposals/specifications for standard or special products, including determining cost-effective materials for production.
- Advanced Seal calculations (including leakage calculations, heat generation, balance temp, flow rates, etc.)
- Advanced use of CSTEDY & similar tools for in-depth design analysis, including approval of others’ basic CSTEDY reports.
- In-depth field troubleshooting, including analysis of problems/recommendations & implementation of appropriate solutions.
- lead meetings with customers in the plant or at the customer’s site to resolve satisfactorily.
- Detailed failure analysis activities, including full investigation/reporting/resolution with customers with necessary commercial awareness.
- Detailed technical presentations to customers in order to support sales.
- Deliver detailed technical training externally to customers as required.
- Manage and report personal workload, and forecast job lead times to meet customer and departmental objectives.
- Create new or update existing standards to control design criteria, application of products, and procedures.
- Create & distribute technical bulletins, articles, or papers dealing with product, application, or system design.
- Approve/reject purchase or manufacture of fabricated parts not to drawing specification
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- Typically, an accredited Bachelor of Engineering or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering; additional qualifications are an advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in an application or development role, with extensive relevant product/equipment/industry knowledge
- Support safe workplace cultures and compliance with Smiths EH&S
At Smiths, we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are an FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity, and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create a competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious minds, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge, and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems, and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.